Image Perspective Correction

Express and discuss your wish for a new feature in SilverFast

Moderator: LSI_Moeller

RAG
SilverFast Master
SilverFast Master

Image Perspective Correction

Postby RAG » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:23 am

I don't know if anyone else made this suggestion, but I think it would be great to have the ability to straighten images. I have been doing image restorations and have come across a number of images that were not placed on the photo paper straight or that were not cut straight. Before getting my Epson scanner and Silverfast I used an HP scanner and the software would automatically straighten images and had the ability to allow manual alignment as well. Until my recent endeavors I took the feature for granted.
Member in good standing - NAPP
A picture is worth a thousand words! :-)

BB
SilverFast User
SilverFast User

Postby BB » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:55 am

You mean a kind of rotation tool? I have been thinking about that, too, the problem is that rotating a digital image is rather problematic regarding loss of quality. I guess the best way so far is to scan at high or maximum resolution (in order to obtain the maximum possible information) and then do the fine adjustment (rotating, cropping, resizing) in PhotoShop (which is still too much of a trial-and-error way, IMHO, but you can help yourself by dragging guides to suitable locations in the image).
If you're interested in the matter, some interesting details can be found here:

http://www.path.unimelb.edu.au/~dersch/ ... lator.html

BB

RAG
SilverFast Master
SilverFast Master

Postby RAG » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:08 pm

BB,

Thanks for all of the information. Highres scans and Photo Shop is exactly what I use at the moment. My thought is this might be a high quality short cut.
Member in good standing - NAPP

A picture is worth a thousand words! :-)

Return to “New features wishlist”