Frames Problems with film in V700

flatbed scanners for Epson

dmtoddma
Visitor

Frames Problems with film in V700

Postby dmtoddma » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:46 pm

I have two problems with frames in scanning color film with SF ai (trial version):

1) "Find Frames" produces rows of frames that are skewed so the frames must not only be positioned, they must be rotated, to fit the holder frames.

2) I have tried creating and saving a set of frames from scratch--SF appears to save the set of frames, but will not load them.

Are either of these a limitation of the trial version? Can anyone confirm that they are not a problem in the purchased version?

Thanks.

David Todd

dmtoddma
Visitor

Re: Frames Problems with film in V700

Postby dmtoddma » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:02 pm

The problem with saving and loading frames was operator error. I was trying to do this on the "Frames" tab rather than the "General" tab. The problem of the skewed alignment using "Find frames" with the v700 film holder is unresolved.

Thanks.

David

LSI_Heidorn
SilverFast Expert
SilverFast Expert

Postby LSI_Heidorn » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:38 am

Dear Mr. Todd,
thank you for that update.
Even considering that the filmstrip search function still is far from perfect i also find it to be strange that some are angling off the way you show.
As i never saw that before, can you see or try to find out what makes those strips so special ??
Or does this behaviour always happen for those two positions no matter what filmstrip while the others work better ?!

best regards,

Nils Heidorn

maiaibing
SilverFast Beginner

Postby maiaibing » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:06 pm

I have exactly the same problem with my 750 pro (actually the 970 Japanese model, but its the same...). Autoframes are in fact useless.

I use alt + click to duplicate frame manually in stead (but I'd be very, very happy not to have to do this). The Epson software actually delivers perfectly (99.8% PERFECT) aligned and cropped frames.

dmtoddma
Visitor

Postby dmtoddma » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:41 pm

Nils,

When I scan a different set of negatives, two of them are skewed, but not the same two. In this case it is the first and third that are skewed.

David

LSI_Heidorn
SilverFast Expert
SilverFast Expert

Postby LSI_Heidorn » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:21 am

Dear David,
so this simply sounds as if the filmstrip detection is unstable, as the problem occurs at different positions and filmstrips.
I will notify testing to find out if they can try to find out in what kind of situation it fails to have that improved for next versions.

Thank you & best regards,

Nils Heidorn

dmtoddma
Visitor

Postby dmtoddma » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:31 pm

Thank you.

maiaibing
SilverFast Beginner

Postby maiaibing » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:26 am

Just want to add that frames work well for pictures (prints).

Return to “Epson”