flatbed scanners for Epson

LSI_Morales
SilverFast Master
SilverFast Master

Re: Epson V750 and color profiles

Postby LSI_Morales » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:59 am

Dear ima,

Well, you wrote;

ima wrote:It's a pity that for the Epson V750 Pro the IT-8 calibration of SilverFast is not even available for a surcharge.

hence I was asuming you do not have the highest version of SilverFast, perhaps you have an old scanner or bought it second hand. I explained that if you are missing one of our extra modules, you can always purchase it as an upgrade.

Cheers
Alejandro Morales

LaserSoft Imaging
Media manager, Software testing

kirov
Visitor
Scanner: Epson V750 PRO
SilverFast Product: Ai Studio

Postby kirov » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:39 am

Regarding software that comes with the Epson V750 PRO, I bought this scanner two weeks ago. The bundled software was SilverFast AI (not Studio), EZcolor (which seems not to be a great help), Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 (again not much help since most who buy this scanner probably have Photoshop and Lightroom), and the Epson software disk.

It was necessary to download the latest version of SilverFast from the website. Then, I upgraded to AI Studio, since this is necessary to make full use of the scanner's capabilities.

Now, it seems I should get HDR Studio (or HDR) so I can take advantage of scratch infrared channel info after scanning (such as for post scanning scratch removal). However, for this one use, the nearly $400 price is too much right now... I plan to do all primary post processing and filing in Lightroom--which the excellent and detailed article linked on the LaserFast site says will do a good job.

It would be nice if there was an HDR version that just did things like infrared scratch removal and similar jobs with the infrared channel (and can't be done in Lightroom) that could be sold for $100 or less.

Or am I missing something?

LSI_Bruhn
SilverFast Expert
SilverFast Expert

Postby LSI_Bruhn » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:24 pm

Send any sales requests directly to us using the web formular :

http://www.silverfast.com/problemreport/en.html
Sascha Bruhn

LaserSoft Imaging AG
Luisenweg 6-8
24105 Kiel