unfortunately ScanPilot and JobManager of SilverFast are not intended to be used in combination.
Let me suggest a different setup to make use most swiftly of your slide magazine scanner.
(0) Do yourself a favour and run the IT8
calibration for your scanner first, if you haven't yet done so.
(1) After inserting slide magazine, please check and correct the magazin settings with help of the icon placed amidst the vertical button bar of the left-hand margin of the preview window of SilverFast.
(2) On the same button bar, there's a button to activate the iSRD
automatic image defect correction, which I presume you actually want to activate.
(3) Now please turn to the SilverFast main or scan-control window.
In the options dialogue (on a Mac, you'd need to visit the "General" tab first), you can enable the automatic image optimisation (> Options > Auto > Auto when ADF), if you want to (recommended).
You can then close the options dialogue again.
(4) On the "General" tab of the SilverFast scan-control window, choose to activate the "Batch" mode, and be sure that the "Original" is set to "Document Feeder".
(5) If you employ SilverFast 6.5, I recommend you set "Portrait" and "Landscape" to "Find Frame". This works optimal with Ai
Studio, as that version can even correct the slides that may be inserted slightly skewed. For a "standard" Ai
, you can choose to have SilverFast scanning a slightly smaller frame than it actually finds, in order to avoid black margins around the image - this also is set in the >Options >Auto dialogue.
(6) For SilverFast 6 (up 6.4), you can set a desired frame size for horizontal and vertical orientated slides.
While this option also is present of course in SilverFast 6.5, the auto frame finding feature is in my opinion much more convenient for your purpose.
- Manager Technical Support, LaserSoft Imaging AG -