Moderator: LSI_Moeller

willi
Visitor
Scanner: Reflecta RPS 7200
SilverFast Product: Ai

Scanning single pictures from a stripe withou prescan

Postby willi » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:10 pm

Hi all,

after a troublesome time with lots of issues -- including sending the device back due to a hardware failure -- i finally have a procedure in place where i an batch scan negatives efficiently and in high quality. So i am almost lucky (i will post a howto once i'm done with all my jobs). However, one issue remains. With some material the picture frame is not recognized correctly which leads to pictures with a black bar in the middle. The reason mostly that the picture is to wide in combination with non visible image borders.
In general this is not so much a problem since it occurs not so often. However, when it occurs i have to scan those pictures manually. Scanning pictures manually from a stripe is however a nightmare. There are two issues:

1. When i move the unit to, lets say picture three of the stripe and then do a scan, the unit moves the stripe always to picture one and scans the first one. So i have to cut the stripe, put the picture in a single frame and scan it that way.

Is there a way to scan picture number three from a stripe without doing a complete prescan of the stripe? Cyberview can do this perfectly, but i want to use Silverfast due to the better scan results.

2. When scanning single images i always have to do a prescan. The software goes to single picture mode and applies some settings from the last pre-scan which gives usually horrible results. After a prescan the results are fine.

Is there any way to scan a single picture without applying prescan measures? I would like to see the same result from a single scan and a scan in batch mode which is currently not possible.

Any help is appreciated.

Willi

LSI_Luebker
SilverFast Master
SilverFast Master

Re: Scanning single pictures from a stripe withou prescan

Postby LSI_Luebker » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:17 pm

willi wrote:Hi all,

after a troublesome time with lots of issues -- including sending the device back due to a hardware failure -- i finally have a procedure in place where i an batch scan negatives efficiently and in high quality. So i am almost lucky (i will post a howto once i'm done with all my jobs). However, one issue remains. With some material the picture frame is not recognized correctly which leads to pictures with a black bar in the middle. The reason mostly that the picture is to wide in combination with non visible image borders.
In general this is not so much a problem since it occurs not so often. However, when it occurs i have to scan those pictures manually. Scanning pictures manually from a stripe is however a nightmare. There are two issues:

1. When i move the unit to, lets say picture three of the stripe and then do a scan, the unit moves the stripe always to picture one and scans the first one. So i have to cut the stripe, put the picture in a single frame and scan it that way.

Is there a way to scan picture number three from a stripe without doing a complete prescan of the stripe? Cyberview can do this perfectly, but i want to use Silverfast due to the better scan results.

just go to the filmstrip overview select the picture you want to scan and click ok now you will get a prescan of the picture you just selected.

willi wrote:2. When scanning single images i always have to do a prescan. The software goes to single picture mode and applies some settings from the last pre-scan which gives usually horrible results. After a prescan the results are fine.

Is there any way to scan a single picture without applying prescan measures? I would like to see the same result from a single scan and a scan in batch mode which is currently not possible.

Any help is appreciated.

Willi

You can do a Scan without prescan when you straight hit the scan button but pleae note that you are scanning blind than.
best regards,

Thomas Luebker,
LaserSoft Imaging AG

Return to “About SilverFast”