ISRD: How to use Infrared and SRD simultaneously ?

General topics about SilverFast

Moderator: LSI_Moeller

pixmaker
Visitor

ISRD: How to use Infrared and SRD simultaneously ?

Postby pixmaker » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:00 pm

I have silverfast SE 6.5.5r4 and a plustek 7200i film scanner. I am scanning old slides riddled with very small defects like "dust" . I try to remove this "dust" with the ISRD function. I can't understand how it work. First, I set the iSRD level to 20 (manual mode), that eliminate many dust but not all. Secondly, I set the SRD parameters (detection, size of defect, black only) until the corrected image seem OK. On the preview window I can see both corrections (I and SRD) in two different colors. I click OK, and I scan. After processing the corrected image appear on the screen and.... surprise, the image is corrected only with I OR SRD processing, not both as in the preview !! I can't understand what processing will be applied (depending I set manualy Infrared first or SRD first ?) I have note also that when I click on the SRD setting, the manual I setting is lost, (reset to the value 12).
I have note that both processing are not available on all software versions, but the preview seems to be working with both.
Can You explain me, this is incomprehensible ! (I am just a software engineer...).
Many Thanks

LSI_Noack
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Noack » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:55 am

Dear pixmaker

the SE version offers only one layer in the i/SRD tool.
With SilverFast Ai you could use four layers, attributed either iSRD or SRD corrections with different values to each such layer.
Hope this helps :)

Best regards
Sonny Noack
Director Support & Software Testing
Master-Making
- LaserSoft Imaging AG -

pixmaker
Visitor

How to chose Infrared correction or SRD corrections ?

Postby pixmaker » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:13 pm

I have note that my software SE version can't process both functions. OK.. But I it is not clear to know that will be done, maybe it seem to be necessary to untick first the function what we do not want instead to tick what we want. This is very confusing, because the software untick also automaticaly the first choice (eg the Infrared) when we tick a second choice (eg the SRD). The final result seems depend of the tick/untick sequence instead of the screen status.
Crazy software or crazy user ?
Thanks

Return to “About SilverFast”