Panther just won't work.

General topics about SilverFast

Moderator: LSI_Moeller

cdssh
SilverFast Beginner

Panther just won't work.

Postby cdssh » Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:55 pm

I have done a clean full install, moved the Adaptec 2930 pci card to all the different pci slots, tried all the scsi id's on the scanner. This will not work. I have a Umax 2400s scanner. Is there going to be an upgrade or am I screwed. I will prbably have to buy a new scanner as my wife is a graphic designer. I would have thought that Lasersoft would have tested the software and had it ready for Panther, but I guess not. Thanks for no support. cdssh :evil:

LSI_Bruhn
SilverFast Expert
SilverFast Expert

Postby LSI_Bruhn » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:03 pm

Dear Customer,

if you take a closer look at MAC forums such as macfixit or versiontracker, you will find out that most of the problems are caused by the new OSX or hardware itself. For e.g. on G5 even our loved 2930 won't work anylonger, because of the different voltage.

If you haven't already tried please take the following steps :

--> use 'apple' --> about your MAC --> more information

If the scanner isn't seen here it is not a fault by SilverFast.

--> and if your SCSI Card isn't shown here please install the latest driver from the Adaptec web-site

So slots and IDs have to be checked, i know that it is a bad job, but the only way.

Please remind yourself on every ID change the whole system has to be rebooted, the scanner has to be initialized before the mac is up.

My experience tells me to turn the termination off, but that's not a rule, just a hint.

kind regards
Sascha Bruhn

LaserSoft Imaging AG
Luisenweg 6-8
24105 Kiel

cdssh
SilverFast Beginner

re;

Postby cdssh » Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:00 pm

The scanner shows up in the system profiler just fine. This card is runnig an internal harddrive and all is well. I believe the software just dont work with panther. I see that there is several other people having the same problem. :(

LSI_Bruhn
SilverFast Expert
SilverFast Expert

Postby LSI_Bruhn » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:49 am

Dear Customer,

i am sorry to write this, but this really seems to be a problem. We have a few scanners which have this problem aspecially on the SCSI connnection. We are working on it, and believe me we really do !

From now on to get faster replies write to:

support@lasersoft.com

So we stay in contact to get a solution.

Many thanks for your input.
Sascha Bruhn

LaserSoft Imaging AG
Luisenweg 6-8
24105 Kiel

Return to “About SilverFast”