Reflecta DigitDia 4000 focus functions?

marekv
Visitor

Reflecta DigitDia 4000 focus functions?

Postby marekv » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:07 pm

Hello, I have a DigitDia 4000 which works quite well with Silverfast. However, the scanner is supposed to have both auto and manual focus, but I have not found any documentation from Reflecta or anywhere else that suggests how focus can be adjusted.
I have seen in the Silverfast manual that SF has focus function, but these buttons do not appear for me.
Does SF in fact support focus functions for the 4000; and if not, do you plan to?

Best regards,
Marek Vokac
Oslo, Norway

Kul
SilverFast User
SilverFast User

Postby Kul » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:15 pm

I also own a DD4000 but never had any information that it featuered focus.

Where did you get that info?

best regards
Regards

Kul

RAG
SilverFast Master
SilverFast Master

Postby RAG » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:22 am

marekv,

Which version of SilverFast are you using (i.e. SE; AI; AI Studio)?
Member in good standing - NAPP
A picture is worth a thousand words! :-)

marekv
Visitor

Postby marekv » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:42 am

I'm using AI Studio, latest build (6.4.xxx). The auto/manual focus information is quoted in advertising; however, the Reflecta web pages (and the Reflecta documentation, which is very sparse) do not mention it.

For me, the point is that narrow (CS type) and wide (classic GEPE glass frame) slides may end up with the film plane in slightly different positions, and I would like, at least, the possibility to play with the focus to get the best possible result. On lower-quality films, such as Fuji Sensia 400 I think I can see film grains, so there is no actual problem with focus - yet, anyway.

v**s**n (free version) also does not show any focus controls, but I don't yet know if that is because that feature is only in the paid-for versions of v**s**n.

Marek

EMaerkel
SilverFast User
SilverFast User

Postby EMaerkel » Wed May 03, 2006 10:24 pm

marekv wrote:I'm using AI Studio, latest build (6.4.xxx). The auto/manual focus information is quoted in advertising; however, the Reflecta web pages (and the Reflecta documentation, which is very sparse) do not mention it.

I also have not found any hint about this function.
However, with the cover off the scanner, some (motor-driven) part of the mechanics can be seen which could be the focus adjustment.

v**s**n (free version) also does not show any focus controls, but I don't yet know if that is because that feature is only in the paid-for versions of v**s**n.

I have v**s**n too (paid version !), but have no focus controls too.
As far as I know, the only difference between the demo version and the paid version is, that the demo version watermarks the scanned images after the test period has expired (could have changed meanwhile ?).

Eckart M?rkel

RAG
SilverFast Master
SilverFast Master

Postby RAG » Thu May 04, 2006 12:09 am

It would seem the best bet is to give the folks at Refleta technical support a call. They should be able to tell you what it takes to use the feature, right?
Member in good standing - NAPP

A picture is worth a thousand words! :-)

Return to “Reflecta”