Reflecta DigitDia 3600

SuBlack
Visitor

Reflecta DigitDia 3600

Postby SuBlack » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:56 am

I am from Germany, so please excuse my english....
I have a Reflecta DigitDia 3600 and I am trying to scan my slides with Silverfast, latest Version (from November).
With the scanning of the slides in the batch (series) mode always black Borders appear. I already accomplished and tried a new IT8-Kalibration, to change the frame settings, but when scanning the whole Dia-magazine the frame changes again and again, so that the borders are appearing. Also the study of the manual does not have helped and the support does not answer...
Please help me! How can I set the frame correctly for a series of dias?!
Susanne

LSI_Magnussen
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Magnussen » Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:45 am

Dear Susanne,

I fear that in the current version there's no way to influence the frame that's getting scanned when doing a batch scan. :oops:
Let me explain this:
As you can see in the preview window the scan area includes more or less the whole slide mount and it's surely not wanted to include the slide mount in every scan. On the other hand the slides in the magazine may have landscape or portrait orientation. For this reason an automatic orientation detection takes place. During a batch scan it will detect the current slide orientation and will scan a fixed, hardcoded frame depending on the detected orientation. This frame may or may not (depending on the used slide mounts) include a small area of the slide mount - the black border you see. Cyberview tries to detect the image borders automatically, but fails completely when the image is dark, so that's even worth.
We do have however two entries in our internal bug/feature request database to find a solution for this problem.
At the moment I can think of two solutions:
- Allow the user (in a way that has to be defined) to set the fixed frame, that will get used for landscape and portrait scans in batch scan.
- Via a selectable option don't use the fixed frame, but the current frame for every scan in batch scan (would mean, that the slides have to have the same orientation).
What do you think? Do you have another suggestion?

Best regards
Ralf

LSI_Magnussen
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Magnussen » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:44 am

Dear Susanne,

we decided to implement my second suggestion.
There's a new option under "Options->Special" called "Orientation detection".
When activated, the "Automatic orientation detection" will be performed after a Prescan and in batch mode. It will set the frame to a fixed frame depending on the detected orientation (as before).
When switched off, the currently active frame will be used for every scan in batch mode (slides have to have the same orientation !). The "Automatic orientation detection" will also be omitted for a Prescan.

This change will be included starting with version 6.2.3r7.

Best regards
Ralf

SuBlack
Visitor

Postby SuBlack » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:39 pm

Thank you for your answer. If the frame is set by hardware I wonder why I already had 3 different borders around my dias. And a friend, who used the same dia-scanner didn?t have any borders! First time it was on the right hand and changed when I reset the settings and made a new calibration. Then the borders were smaller and on the top and bottom of portrait-dias. Next time it changed when I installed the new software-release. But I unfortunally could not change the borders again by resetting and recalibrating, so I really would like to know the reason for this.

At what time will the new software release be available?

Best regards
Susanne
Susanne

LSI_Magnussen
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Magnussen » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:40 pm

Dear Susanne,

it's not an hardware issue, you misunderstood me in that point. It's a fixed chosen frame inside SilverFast (the same that will be set after a Prescan at the moment). You may get borders or not depending on the used slide mount and the accuracy, with which the slides are transported into the scanner.
It may last two to three weeks, until the revised version will be online.

Best regards
Ralf

Return to “Reflecta”