Export of the IR channel

cofe
Visitor

Export of the IR channel

Postby cofe » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:15 pm

I experienced some problems with the iSRD / DigitDia 5000/ SF 6.5r4 in batch mode. When using the manual adjustments the first scan in batch mode removes more or less successfully the dust. However, there are a lot of unremoved dust spots on the subsequent scan. If I go to the iSRD dialog again after restarting SF and enter the exact same settings as before, the dust removal works fine.

I also had once the situation that the IR channel did not match at all the preview image within the iSRD adjustment dialog (yes, I pressed the preview button within the iSRD dialog). It seemed that the IR channel belonged to a previous scan. This would explain the improper iSRD functionality. However, I could not reproduce this behaviour.

Therefore I am wondering if it is possible to get TIFF files containing the IR channel as well (e.g. as alpha channel or second layer). This would enable the usage of third party software such as photoshop.

Thank you for your response.

President_LSI
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

iSRD Channel not matching

Postby President_LSI » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:35 am

iSRD Channel not matching

Dear User,

your problem has been identified and will be fixed in the next release of SilverFast for DigiDia which will be 6.5.5r6.

Your good idea of writing out the infrared channel with the scan into an HDR file so SilverFast HDR can open the file using the infrared channel more flexibly is already on our list and will be realized some time later this year!

best regards

Karl-Heinz Zahorsky

LSI_Heidorn
SilverFast Expert
SilverFast Expert

Postby LSI_Heidorn » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:13 am

Dear cofe,
as Mr. Zahorsky already said, your request of writing the IR channel is already in our list of soon-to-come features !

Regarding your error, we already fixed a bug that can lead to your symptoms in the r5 version that currently is on the Web !
So may just try to download and upgrade that version.
the beforementioned r6 version will contain more optimizing and Bug fixes, but again:
I hope your problem is already solved in the r5.

Best regards,

Nils heidorn

Return to “Reflecta”