digitdia 4000 in batch mode

dk1ri
Visitor

digitdia 4000 in batch mode

Postby dk1ri » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:27 am

I have a digitdia 4000 and sF Ai using a 1,6GHz Laptop
When scanning in the batch mode (48 bit isrd enabled) the comptuting time after the scan is so high, that the digitdia lamp switches off meanwhile (standby mode)
After finishing and storing the last slide, the SF Software is not able to start the lamp agian.
Last message is like this: lamp warm up and the progegramm hangs.

Any idea, how to solve it?

guenter

EMaerkel
SilverFast User
SilverFast User

Re: digitdia 4000 in batch mode

Postby EMaerkel » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:40 pm

Hello guenter,

dk1ri wrote:I have a digitdia 4000 and sF Ai using a 1,6GHz Laptop
When scanning in the batch mode (48 bit isrd enabled) the comptuting time after the scan is so high, that the digitdia lamp switches off meanwhile (standby mode)
After finishing and storing the last slide, the SF Software is not able to start the lamp agian.
Last message is like this: lamp warm up and the progegramm hangs.

Any idea, how to solve it?

I do the same now with a 2,2 GHz Tower with 1 GByte RAM (may be your memory is too small ?).
Computation time after the scan is only a few seconds under normal conditions. However, if the orientation recognition fails, the iSRD processes a much larger area which causes computation times of several minutes while this function performs useless operations in the black border area. This means: when this function is on, make sure that the scanner does only scan slides with a standard format with the orientation recognition on; if off, set an approriate frame size.
My scans are 3600dpi with Q=1.
If long computation times happen due to the frame size problem, I do also see the lamp warming up occasionally, but scanning continues afterwards - so far I can not help.

Eckart M?rkel

dk1ri
Visitor

Postby dk1ri » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:44 am

Tnx for the answer.
RAm is 500M only,

Reason may be the orientation recognition (I dwas not aware of thist).
The problem is not with all slides, but reproducable.

I see the lamp warming up message also more often; The software problem is, the the scanner cannot be aweked from the standby mode under this condition, it can under other cther conditions; after a new scan start eg.

When re-reading the manual, I found that scanning 48bit HDR mode only IT8 correction is done (if I understood this correctly).
Why iSRD is possible also?

For you understanding:
I am just checking, which is the best 48 bit format for long term storage (scanning now - work out later)

guenter

Return to “Reflecta”