All the problems with Plustek film scanners

Blackfive
Visitor
Scanner: Plustek 7600i
SilverFast Product: SE Plus
SilverFast Version: 6.6

Plustek 7600iSE 64bit Drivers For SilverFast 8 Available

Postby Blackfive » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:14 pm

It may interest anyone, like myself, wishing to use SilverFast 8 64bit with a Plustek 7600i SE film scanner that the 64bit drivers for this scanner are now available.

To download the Plustek 64bit drivers go to the Plustek site at;
http://plustek.com/uk/support/drivers-a ... loads.html
Then choose the OpticFilm and 7600i SE and you will be presented with a list and its the version 4.2.0.1 driver you require with the filename A28_V4.2.0.1_13L_x64.zip

Once downloaded uninstall the current version, reboot the computer and double click on the setup.exe file which will then start the installation. Once installed you will again be prompted to reboot the computer and the 64bit drivers will be installed. Note that the installation will indicate the files are being installed in a (x86) folder but the 64bit files will still be installed.

I can confirm that the 64bit version of SilverFast works with these Plustek 64bit drivers without any problems (so far!). It does appear to be slightly more efficient in processing the scanning. :D

LSI_Ketelhohn
LSI Staff
LSI Staff
Scanner: all

Re: Plustek 7600iSE 64bit Drivers For SilverFast 8 Available

Postby LSI_Ketelhohn » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:59 pm

We are currently testing these drivers in our testing center.
As soon as we successfully finished our tests we will officially support the 64bit version for this device.

kind regards,
Arne Ketelhohn

Blackfive
Visitor
Scanner: Plustek 7600i
SilverFast Product: SE Plus
SilverFast Version: 6.6

Postby Blackfive » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:42 pm

LSI_Ketelhohn wrote:We are currently testing these drivers in our testing center.
As soon as we successfully finished our tests we will officially support the 64bit version for this device.

Thanks Arne for pointing out that although Plustek have released the drivers, you're still currently testing them. I was unaware of this and due to this would recommend to people that the testing is first confirmed as concluded before installing them. However as I've already installed them and so far not encountered any problems I don't intend to stop using them as this would entail uninstalling and reinstalling the old drivers again.

The only observations I can make are as the driver installation first deletes the former drivers you will find that the 32bit version of SilverFast 8 won't open. But you don't need the 32bit if using the 64bit. If, like me, you've got the 64bit SilverFast installed before you install the drivers you may find that the IntelliScan button on the scanner attempts and fails to open the 32bit version. To get round this just reinstall (no need to uninstall) the 64bit version from the installation file and the IntelliScan button will then work after the rebooting of the computer. I found that there wasn't any need to go through the registration of SilverFast 8 again as I presume it uses the details already stored in the system registry.

LSI_Ketelhohn
LSI Staff
LSI Staff
Scanner: all

Postby LSI_Ketelhohn » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:49 am

SilverFast is now available in 64bit for the Opticfilm 7400 and 7600i.

kind regards,
Arne Ketelhohn.

Return to “Plustek”