OpticFilm 7600i plus Silverfast SE Plus 8 Help

All the problems with Plustek film scanners

alejandroi
Visitor
Scanner: plustek 76000i
SilverFast Product: SE Plus

OpticFilm 7600i plus Silverfast SE Plus 8 Help

Postby alejandroi » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:43 pm

This is my first time scanning so probably is a user error, but i tried different settings and the only results i been getting are terrible. Also something strange seems to happen, the preview image in 1:1 has a complete different color cast as the preview in full image view as some strange artifacts also appear. Attached yu will find print screens of what i mean.

I am using OpticFilm 7600i plus Silverfast SE Plus 8 in MAC Lion OSX.

Also images when scan and without any modification seem to change quite drastically, after being scan consecutively and without any changes done. Please advice on how to proceed or were to look at tutorials which are more preceise then the few videos posted on the website.

Screen Shot 2011-12-15 at 4.30.08 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2011-12-15 at 4.30.08 PM.jpg (193.21 KiB) Viewed 3424 times

Screen Shot 2011-12-15 at 4.29.33 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2011-12-15 at 4.29.33 PM.jpg (34.23 KiB) Viewed 3424 times

Screen Shot 2011-12-15 at 4.29.11 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2011-12-15 at 4.29.11 PM.jpg (78.8 KiB) Viewed 3424 times

LSI_Morales
SilverFast Master
SilverFast Master

Re: OpticFilm 7600i plus Silverfast SE Plus 8 Help

Postby LSI_Morales » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:59 am

Hi alejandroi

The differences between different pictures without different settings is actually created by the scanner driver. Our colleagues from Plustek have been notified about this issues, they might be working in a new driver to solve this issues.

The problem with 1:1 preview seems more like a defect created by the scanner itself.
Please try reseting the preferences in SilverFast. In the lower left corner of the welcome dialogue you will find a "Service dialoge" button that allows you to reset the software and delete the preferences.
If reseting the software to the factory settings does not solve the issues, please contact Plustek to replace your machine.

Kind regards
Alejandro Morales

LaserSoft Imaging
Media manager, Software testing

Anorakus
Visitor
Scanner: Plustek 7600i

Postby Anorakus » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:17 am

I too am having problems with Silverfast 8. Selecting Auto CCR and multi-expsoure, I am losing shadow detail that is clearly visible in the original slide. v6.6 didn't have this problem. I've tried the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of v8, with v4.2.0 and v4.2.0.1 of the Plustek drivers - no difference.

I posted a message about this in the general forum - I've just found the Plustek sub-forum :)

-- John

LSI_Morales
SilverFast Master
SilverFast Master

Postby LSI_Morales » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:00 pm

Hi John
Hi Alejandro

Although during previous tests we could not reproduce the issues as displayed here, we will keep examining to try to reproduce the Problem.

Would it be possible for you to send us a screenshot of the "Options/Color Management System" settings in SilverFast as well as the first 6 figures of your scanner serial number? (note it is not the SilverFast serial number we need but the one behind your scanning devices)

Thanks for your help
Alejandro Morales

LaserSoft Imaging

Anorakus
Visitor
Scanner: Plustek 7600i

Postby Anorakus » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:09 pm

First six digits of my scanner serial are 5A299B

alejandroi
Visitor
Scanner: plustek 76000i

Postby alejandroi » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:27 am

Sorry i haven't given any following to this case since honestly i got so frustrated with the scanner and software that I had lost all hope of getting any acceptable results. Today I decided to retake the case to see if everything is not lost. All the results i have gotten from even the crappy developing stores regarding scanning have been much better then i have been able to achieved with the scanner.

I tried resetting the software as suggested and it indeed solve the problem, but after a while it came back. Most of the time results are erratics, of real lower quality and the cleaning of artifacts with the infrared seldom works. If its not because the emulsion creates lights artifacts, as i have read on the forum, its because it destroys all the detail in the image. Also the process gets slower and slower while using the system and scanning at 3200. Seems as if a buffer was filling up, or temp file, and after a while software hangs up, and i need to do the reset as suggested before. I am using an sdd and 8 gig of rams.

First six serial number requested: 5A2D15

Example of issues regarding artifacts:

Screen Shot 2012-02-14 at 10.47.34 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2012-02-14 at 10.47.34 PM.jpg (135.22 KiB) Viewed 2963 times

LSI_Morales
SilverFast Master
SilverFast Master

Postby LSI_Morales » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:55 pm

Hi Alejandro

alejandroi wrote: the infrared seldom works. If its not because the emulsion creates lights artifacts, as i have read on the forum, its because it destroys all the detail in the image.

Actually the image posted shows exactly the kind of artifacts created by infrared with certain emulsions. In that case you should not use infrared correction

alejandroi wrote: Also the process gets slower and slower while using the system and scanning at 3200. Seems as if a buffer was filling up, or temp file, and after a while software hangs up, and i need to do the reset as suggested before. I am using an sdd and 8 gig of rams.

Could you please try downloading and installing version 8.0.1r5, we implemented a new memory management system which should have improved performance, the following weeks more performance enhancements are coming please make sure you update the software in the next weeks as well.

Kind regards
Alejandro Morales

LaserSoft Imaging

Return to “Plustek”