All the problems with Plustek film scanners

ramiwi
Visitor
Scanner: plustek optofilm 7600i S
SilverFast Product: SE
SilverFast Version: 6.6

misaligned image

Postby ramiwi » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:55 pm

I`ve just bought an opticscan 7600i SE and i cant get it to scan my slides properly, only part of the slide is scanned.
here`s how it looks in the silverfast preview screen: (Full image link)

LSI_Ketelhohn
LSI Staff
LSI Staff
Scanner: all

Re: misaligned image

Postby LSI_Ketelhohn » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:55 pm

Dear customer,

make sure the filmholder locks into position correctly and is not inserted the wrong way.
The Plustek scanner can only scan what's directly below its sensor.
The film must be properly alligned.

kind regards,
Arne Ketelhohn

kegomez
Visitor
Scanner: plustek OpticFilm 7400
SilverFast Product: SE Plus

Postby kegomez » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:34 am

I just received my plustek OpticFilm 7400 machine and SilverFast SE PLus 6.6 came with it. I am also trying to scan in some slides, and I am only getting half of the image. The slide fits snugly in the slide holder, and there is only one way it can go in the scanner. Are there some setting I need to adjust? Thanks for your help.

LSI_Ketelhohn
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Ketelhohn » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:01 pm

Dear kegomez,

No, as long as the holder is correctly positioned the scanner should provide a complete image in the preview.
Only the final scan depends on the scanframe and can be set to only scan parts of an image.

kind regards,
Arne Ketelhohn.

kegomez
Visitor
Scanner: plustek OpticFilm 7400
SilverFast Product: SE Plus

Postby kegomez » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:31 pm

OK --- well, then am I outta luck??? My scan captures all of the horizontal image, just only half of the vertical. The remaining 1/2 of the image is black. I can put the slide holder in the other direction, and I again get only 1/2 of the vertical image (which is now upside down).

LSI_Ketelhohn
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Ketelhohn » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:42 am

Dear kegomez,

Have you made sure the images are positioned correctly in the holder?
The holder can only accept images in one way.
Vertical images also have to be inserted horizontally and have to be truned in SilverFast. (Densitometer tab)

kind regards,
Arne Ketelhohn

webguy96
Visitor
Scanner: Plustek 7600i
SilverFast Product: Ai Studio

Postby webguy96 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:48 am

For what it's worth, I was having a very similar issue with my new 7600i on Windows 7 x64 where about 1/3 of the original slide did not appear in the preview so first I updated to Silverfast 6.6.2r4 and restarted my computer. Unfortunately, still no luck initially which included an inability to use the IT8 Calibration as that too was failing to get a full sample image. Next I went back into device manager and attempted to update the device driver by pointing at the new set of files I downloaded (OpticFilm 7600i V4.2.0.0), however, Windows came back and stated that it already had the latest driver so finally with my Plustek plugged in and turned on, I clicked directly on the 'setup.exe' file within the Driver folder and let it uninstall and automatically restart my computer. Once the computer came back up, I went into device manager again where I found the Film Scanner with an 'x' on it due to the missing driver so then I went through the install new driver again and this time browsed to the new folder mentioned above vs browsing to my original install CD and following another reboot everything seems to be working.

I was able to then run through the auto-calibration and now also see the full slide image when I prescan the same image that had been getting cropped off.

Hope it helps!
-webguy96

Return to “Plustek”