All the problems with Plustek film scanners

reslcs
Visitor
Scanner: OpticFilm 7200i
SilverFast Product: Ai
SilverFast Version: 6.5

Mac won't recognize scanner

Postby reslcs » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:17 pm

I have a plustek OpticFilm 7200i film scanner that has been working fine on my Windows 7 PC. I uninstalled the software from the PC and am trying to install it on a MacBook Pro running Max OS X version 10.6.8.

I installed the software and the SilverFast Universal Launcher shows a button for "SilverFast (UScanCD) (vers. 6.5.5r2)". It never asked me for the serial number. When I press the button, I get a window that states: "There was no scanner found ! Check that your scanner is properly connected to Your computer and is switched on. If SilverFast still can't find Your scanner, please refer to the logfile "SF_LogFile" inside Your SilverFast folder.

I have checked the scanner connections and they are normal. The scanner shows that it is powered. I found the SilverFast folder on the Mac, but it does not have a SF_LogFile anywhere.

I have registered this version using the Windows OS for PC. If there are files to download for the Mac, they do not show up in the Updates section of the Support website that I have logged onto. I don't know if it would help to change the registration to Mac, but I cannot figure out how to do that anyway.

I also do not see any way to uninstall SilverFast from the Mac. The uninstall files in the SilverFast folder appear to work for a Windows PC, not the Mac. I will probably try to delete the folder that has the SilverFast files, but I would appreciate some guidance on how to do this.

Please help.

LSI_Morales
SilverFast Master
SilverFast Master

Re: Mac won't recognize scanner

Postby LSI_Morales » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:22 am

Dear resics,

The Plustek 7200 is not mac compatible, there are no drivers for this scanner under Mac.

To uninstall SilverFast from your mac, open your "Terminal" (from Applications/Utilities ), drag and drop the "Uninstall-SilverFast" file located in the SilverFast Application forlder into the Terminal. click once on the terminal (to activate it) and press the key "Enter"

Cheers
Alejandro Morales

LaserSoft Imaging
Media manager, Software testing

reslcs
Visitor
Scanner: OpticFilm 7200i
SilverFast Product: Ai
SilverFast Version: 6.5

Re: Mac won't recognize scanner

Postby reslcs » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:27 am

Thank you.