Kodachome slides looked washed out

All the problems with Plustek film scanners

cuda
Visitor

Kodachome slides looked washed out

Postby cuda » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:52 am

I bought a 7200 Plustek and the SE software a while back and played around for a week or so. I thought there was a "kodachome" or similar setting but maybe I am mistaken. However, I do have some old slides I scannned that have that super colored Kodachrome look to them so I know I was able to get better results in the past.

Did the SE version time out after a while and take some features away? What I mean is was it giving me the full version for a while before reverting back to SE? I also updated SE, did the update remove the setting?

I guess I can live with it being washed out but the settings that come with SE seem useless and I just need confirmation that the settings I want are now gone or should I keep looking?

I dont really understand IT8, what good is a card I can scan? Does that stuff work with a 7200?

I just want to scan slides and have them look like they do on the slide projector, any ideas?

Slides are Kodachome and Ektachome from 30-40 years ago.

LSI_Muenier
SilverFast Expert
SilverFast Expert

Re: Kodachome slides looked washed out

Postby LSI_Muenier » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:45 pm

Dear cuda,

the SE version does not time out.
Possibly you have first worked in demo mode (showing SE-Plus features) and then serialized to SE?

The idea with the IT8 chart is to present to the scanner a number or "known" colors and then be able
to calculate a scanner profile from the measured "answers" of the scanner to these colors.
After that, the scanner colors can be converted to "true" colors by using this scanner profile.

Best regards
Martin

Return to “Plustek”