Intelliscan button not working Silverfast 6.5.5r2

All the problems with Plustek film scanners

nabuok
Visitor

Intelliscan button not working Silverfast 6.5.5r2

Postby nabuok » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:08 pm

Hi,

Just took delivery yesterday of my new Plustek 7200i film scanner. It came with Silverfast 6.4 and Plustek installer software version 3.0.1 Everything installed ok and both the Intelliscan and Quickscan buttons worked. I upgraded to Silverscan 6.5.5r2 which was supplied on a CD with the Plustek and got my new serial number okay. After installing the new 6.5.5r2 version the Intelliscan button no longer works and all I get is the " Silverfast is not found on this system" message on screen.

Having read the earlier postings on this problem I upgraded the Plustek installer to version 3.1.0.3 but the problem is still there.

Any help to get this working would be much appreciated.

[UPDATE]

After spending three hours trying to get it to work I gave it one more go. I uninstalled all the Plustek software for the third time and then re-installed with the original 3.0.1 Plustek software disk that came with the scanner. IT WORKED! The Intelliscan button now loads up Silverfast.

Hurrah!

LSI_Muenier
SilverFast Expert
SilverFast Expert

Postby LSI_Muenier » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:10 am

Dear nabuok,

glad that it works for you, now.

Did you also re-install SilverFast oder is it still the 655r2?
Please supply me with this info so that I can ask Plustek about the combination.

Best regards
Martin

nabuok
Visitor

Postby nabuok » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:21 am

LSI_Muenier wrote:Dear nabuok,

glad that it works for you, now.

Did you also re-install SilverFast oder is it still the 655r2?
Please supply me with this info so that I can ask Plustek about the combination.

Best regards
Martin

Hi Martin,

I didn't need to re-install Silverfast 655r2 after I upgraded to it. I just kept re-installing the Plustek software until it worked! My guess is either user error (me!) or something doesn't get deleted/updated correctly in the Plustek software.

I wrote to Plustek but so far no reply.

Hope this helps.

Ian

LSI_Muenier
SilverFast Expert
SilverFast Expert

Postby LSI_Muenier » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:27 am

Dear Ian,

please inform me about your findings, maybe as a private message.

Best regards
Martin

wimheins
Visitor
Scanner: Plustek 7400 filmscanner
SilverFast Version: 6.6

Re: Intelliscan button not working Silverfast 6.5.5r2

Postby wimheins » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:11 pm

As a matter of facts I am looking for someone using SilverFast 6.6 with Plustek software (4.0.1) on the basis of Twain (not PhotoShop) and with a Plustek 7400 WITH A WORKING INTELLISCAN BUTTON.
The electric contact of this button on my set is okay. The only effect is "SilverFast not Found".
Do you use the Plustek 7400 with Windows XP and your IntelliScan button works, please let us know.
It should be bizar that downgrading to older versions solve the problem and that Plustek or SilverFast are doing nothing.
I have had much mailtraffic with Plustek. Even they sent me new CD's with exact the same software as I had and with te same problem.
I have the feeling they know very well the problem exists but keep advise things like re-unstall everything etc. etc.

Does anyone know an emailaddress to write about it to SilverFast???
Wim Heins

LSI_Rossee
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Re: Intelliscan button not working Silverfast 6.5.5r2

Postby LSI_Rossee » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:27 am

Dear Wim Heins,

Does anyone know an emailaddress to write about it to SilverFast???

yes, support@silverfast.de !

Did you try our support assistant ?

https://www.silverfast.com/problemreport ... =assistant

Best,

JAN

Return to “Plustek”