Missing Features

All the problems with PIE film scanners only

loal
Visitor

Missing Features

Postby loal » Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:55 am

Setup:
Silverfast AI 6.2.1R1 (Photoshop Plug In)
Primefilm 1800i
Photoshop 6.0
Windows XP ? Version 5.1.2600
Pentium 4 ? 3GHz
RAM ? 512 MB

Previously, had many problems getting 35mm scans at all and had all but given up, when bought a new computer I thought I would have another go, and presto everything much better.

In the process of setting up, I installed from the original CD then downloaded the update Silverfast 6 Ai for the Primefilm 1800. During the setup process I went from using the Twain plug-in with Corel Photo to downloading and installing the Photoshop plug-in. After installing the Photoshop version I lost the Multi Sampling Icon.

The IT8 Calibration Icon, is also missing, and from extensive reading on these forums, the manuals and the wider web, there seems to be a consensus, that it does defiantly have the ability to do the it8 Calibrations, and it absolutely does not have the ability to do it! I?m confused. My understanding from that reading it is something that is essential to accurate slide and negative scanning so where is it? Or how do you do it?

Can anyone shed some light on this issue? It is becoming very frustrating. :x I?m sure its something so simple but at this point I cant see it.

LSI_Rossee
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Rossee » Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:56 am

Dear loal.

Thanks for your interest in our SilverFast Software. Frankly the Primefilm 1800 is not available with the optional IT8 calibration.

https://www.silverfast.com/pricing/267/en.html

Kind regards.

Return to “PIE”