Problems with OSX and Jaguar

Moderator: LSI_Luebker

MicroSF6
SilverFast User
SilverFast User

CMS trouble; "Profile to embed" ; false error mess

Postby MicroSF6 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:24 pm

dear forum,

i have been following ian lyons tutorial recommendations carefully, and i find, just recently, that silverfast AI 6 has started misbehaving by automatically embeding the wrong profile despite my instructions.

when i prepare to scan a positive transparency in 48 bit HDR Color mode and i set up my Options, i set the CMS panel like this:

Color Management
Input -> Internal: ColorSync
Internal -> Monitor: Automatic
Internal -> Output: RGB

Profiles for ColorSync
Input: [my scanner IT* profile]
Internal: AdobeRGB1998.ic
Gray: Generic Gray Profile.icc
Output/Printer: <NONE>
Rendering Intent: perceptual

Embedded ICC Profiles
Embedded ICC Profile: [checked]

so here's where i reach a problem: in the field next to "Profile to embed", silverfast automatically fills in whatever i have entered in the "Input" field of the "Profiles for ColorSync" section. it does NOT enter "AdobeRGB1998.icc", which is what wish it would do.

on the other hand i have a new problem when i go to scan a negative transparency in 48 bit HDR Color mode; in Options, i set the CMS panel like this:

Color Management
Input -> <NONE>
Internal -> Monitor: Automatic
Internal -> Output: RGB

Profiles for ColorSync
Input: <NONE> [this is grayed out]
Internal: AdobeRGB1998.ic
Gray: <NONE>
Output/Printer: <NONE> [this is grayed out]
Rendering Intent: perceptual

Embedded ICC Profiles
Embedded ICC Profile: [checked]

in THIS case, luckily, in the field next to "Profile to embed", silverfast automatically fills in whatever i have entered in the "Internal" field of the "Profiles for ColorSync" section: it DOES enter "AdobeRGB1998.icc", which is what i want it to do.

the trouble (when scanning negatives this way) starts next, when i click either "Apply" or "OK" (either way, the result is the same): i get a photoshop error message saying "You've selected the follwoing Color Management settings: Input -> Internal: ColorSync. In order to work properly, the following settings are missing: Input". of course, this message claims something that is not true: my "Input -> Internal" setting is, in fact, most definitely "<NONE>". the error message appears in a box that requires me to check its "OK" button (not the Silverfast CMS "OK" button, but another one specific to this error messsage), which takes me right back to the CMS box. i cannot perform any scan this way.

i am using mac osx 10.3.9, the most recent version of silverfast Ai 6 (downloaded today after i was getting the same results with last month's version of Ai 6).

any advice?

also, by the way, when i run a search on my hard drive, i find two files named " AdobeRGB(1998).icc; one is dated Apr 1, 2002, and the other is dated Jan 13, 2004. could this be a problem?

thanks in advance.

sincerely,

mark woods

MicroSF6
SilverFast User
SilverFast User

Postby MicroSF6 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:46 pm

ohh--i forgot to mention that i already tried deleting all silverfast preferences (in both loctions--in and out of photoshop, since i'm doing all this as a photoshop plug-in) and already tried reinstalling silverfast after closing photoshop. and restarting before and after, etc. (all the usual precautions). no good.

mark woods

Return to “OSX - JAGUAR Problems”