SF8 Comment on Nikon 8000 ED Mac OSX 10.7

All the problems with Nikon film scanners

kgestring
Visitor
Scanner: PlusTek 7200i, Pacific Imaging PowerSlide 3650, Nikon CoolScan 8000ED, Nikon CoolScan 4000ED
SilverFast Product: HDR Studio

SF8 Comment on Nikon 8000 ED Mac OSX 10.7

Postby kgestring » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:52 pm

My comments on the latest version of SF8 r2 with my iMac 6 gb 2.4 intel core 2 duo with the latest version of 10.7

These comments are for my FH-869G glass scanner frame for 6x4 to 6x8 negs. What I am scanning now are 6x6 positives 64 bit HDRi at 4000 dpi. Most scans are about 800 gb. I have done about 100 scans and still have about 2000 to scan, this is for my final digital archive of these slides.

Need audio warning of end of scan like in SF 6.6

Software did auto shutdown when I only had 4 gb of ram, just added 2 more gb and it appears to be more reliable.

Need to have ability like in 6.6 to assign a numbering system, this should be an option since when doing large batches we move the slides out of the scanning directory when finished and want the numbering system to continue, not restart back at 1 when I start scanning again.

Don't have a problem with safari killing the app on this machine.

Kent

LSI_Morales
SilverFast Master
SilverFast Master

Re: SF8 Comment on Nikon 8000 ED Mac OSX 10.7

Postby LSI_Morales » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:48 am

Hi Kent,

kgestring wrote:Need audio warning of end of scan like in SF 6.6

Has been added to the feature wish list.

kgestring wrote:Need to have ability like in 6.6 to assign a numbering system, this should be an option since when doing large batches we move the slides out of the scanning directory when finished and want the numbering system to continue, not restart back at 1 when I start scanning again.

Also added to the existing ticket in the feature wish list.

Kind regards
Alejandro Morales

LaserSoft Imaging
Media manager, Software testing

Return to “Nikon”