No IR scan @ 64 bit HDRI with LS4000

All the problems with Nikon film scanners

jhelton
Visitor
Scanner: Nikon LS4000
SilverFast Product: Archive Suite

No IR scan @ 64 bit HDRI with LS4000

Postby jhelton » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:01 am

Just purchased Studio Archive for Nikon LS 4000. Trying to archive negatives using 64 Bit HDRI. Using Mac Pro with latest OS. As I understand the process I should be able to select the 64 bit HDRI scan and it should complete a raw color scan with an additional IR Scan saving it as one file which can later be edited in HDR. I reviewed the HDRI movie and it shows the IR portion of the scan as part of regular color scan process.

When I scan in 64 bit there is no indication of an IR scan during the process as is shown in the movie. When I bring it into HDR to edit and use the isrd button to repair scratches and defects it appears to run but there is no affect on the preview. I cycle through the 3 views, original defects, repaired and marked in red. Nothing changes in the preview window. Just the original preview with all the defects. it is as if no IR data was taken.

When I drop to a lower scan, I.e. 42bit to 24 bit, the isrd works great and repairs most problems.

It is probably user error but I tried to follow the isrd movie. However, I don't get the IR benefits as in the movie.

Thanks,
John

LSI_Ketelhohn
LSI Staff
LSI Staff
Scanner: all

Re: No IR scan @ 64 bit HDRI with LS4000

Postby LSI_Ketelhohn » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:55 pm

Dear John,

The 64bit HDRi scan does not show iSRD because no processing takes place.

Please try different strength settings in the iSRD dialog in SilverFast HDR.
The effects are only visible in the iSRD preview and the final scan.
the main preview does not show the corrections.

48 -> 24bit is the normal processing mode for this operation.

kind regards,
Arne Ketelhohn.

Return to “Nikon”