LS2000 with iMac and OSX Leopard

All the problems with Nikon film scanners

Mr M
Visitor

LS2000 with iMac and OSX Leopard

Postby Mr M » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:37 pm

Hi everyone

I have just bought an iMac with OSX Leopard, and I'd like to hook up my LS2000 and install Silverfast Ai to run the scanner. It looks as though I may have several problems, so my questions are as follows:

1. The info page for the LS2000 says that the latest version of Ai works with Leopard, but "The USB-to-SCSI converter "Adaptec USB2Xchange" is not supported."
As this device appears to be the only one with which I can physically connect the scanner to the iMac, does this mean that Silverfast Ai cannot actually control the scanner in this set up after all?

2. Are there any other devices to connect the LS2000 (SCSI) to an iMac, either via it's USB2 or Firewire 800 ports?

3. Is anyone out there currently running the set up which I'm proposing to use?

many thanks for your help!

Best regards

George

PS Until now, the scanner has been used with an old PC and an older version of Silverfast Ai
Last edited by Mr M on Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSI_Morales
SilverFast Master
SilverFast Master

Re: LS2000 woth Imac and OSX Leopard

Postby LSI_Morales » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:30 pm

Dear George,

Oficially SilverFast does not support any converter to connect your scanner to the computer, this has been a know problem for SCSI scanner users with the new Mac OS Leopard and the previous one as well (Tiger) because Apple decided not to support those devices with their operating system anymore.

You might want to try using the Ratoc FR1SX SCSI to FireWire converter which has worked for some users, bear in mind that this is NOT an officially supported solution for this problem and might not work in your case.

Good Luck!
Alejandro Morales

LaserSoft Imaging
Media manager, Software testing

Return to “Nikon”