Error in Scan Start. Can't open file. error message

All the problems with Nikon film scanners

BrianLawson
Visitor

Error in Scan Start. Can't open file. error message

Postby BrianLawson » Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:08 am

I've been scanning for a while now and all of a sudden I've started getting the error message "Error in Scan Start. Can't open file." I have trashed preferences and the plug-in and reinstalled it to no avail. This is in OS 10.2.3, Photoshop CS and SF 6.2.0r3.

Funny thing is that this only happens after clicking the Scan button. I can Prescan, use the Sharpening function and the Scratch and Dust Removal fuction and the scanner works just fine. Get everything set up the click Scan and error!

Of course I have a dozen scans to get done with a deadline of tomorrow and now this happens. :(

Does anyone have any ideas of what might be happening and how I can get my scanner back?

Further testing reveals that this is only happening when I have Multiscan turned on. If I leave it set to 1 I can scan.

LSI_Support
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

new maid modul

Postby LSI_Support » Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:50 am

Dear Sir,

since some weeks SilverFast had troubles with the newest NikonScan4 update.Nikon is using now a new maid modul (driver). Please tryout our
newest update. I got no trouble here with my Nikon Ls40/50/5000

https://www.silverfast.com/sf-download/ai6/en.html

BrianLawson
Visitor

Postby BrianLawson » Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:25 pm

Thank you for your reply. I found the problem. I had changed my cache location to a drive partition I have dedicated just for various programs to use for caching - my web browsers and my virtual memory swapfile are on this volume. For some reason I do not have write permissions to that volume so when Silverfast was told to use it I would get the can't open file error as it tried to create the cache file needed for the mulitple scan mode. I have switched to a different drive and everything is working again.

I'd like to thank you again, I appreciate that you took the time to try to help me with this.

Return to “Nikon”