Coolscan V Frame Alignment... This is getting annoying...

All the problems with Nikon film scanners

Marco Cordero
Visitor

Coolscan V Frame Alignment... This is getting annoying...

Postby Marco Cordero » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:03 am

I'm having an incredibly hard time getting my frames aligned. I gave up having Silverfast do it automatically because it simply doesn't work. What I've been doing is Prescanning one frame and positioning the red rectangle over the part of the frame that I want. Sometimes this works, but most of the time I end up with a black bar on the left of my image which means that the right side of the image was cut off. This is really frustrating since I am scanning at the highest resolution with MultiExposure and it take a LONG time for scans only for me to realize I have to start all over again because it was cropped.

What is going on???

I've had this problem on Mac OSX *and* Windows XP, using the latest version of Silverfast Ai Studio.

Marco

LSI_Heidorn
SilverFast Expert
SilverFast Expert

Re: Coolscan V Frame Alignment... This is getting annoying...

Postby LSI_Heidorn » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:45 pm

Dear Mr. Codero,
could you please post this in the Bug report Form on our Website ?!

This way our Test staff will try to reenact that problem and come back to you with suggestions or Questions.

Greetings,

Nls Heidorn

RicardoSaporta
Visitor

Re: Coolscan V Frame Alignment... This is getting annoying...

Postby RicardoSaporta » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:12 am

I am having the same problem using the Nikon SA-30 Film Roll Adapter.
(SF 6.6.0r2, Coolscan 5000, Mac OS X 10.4.11)

When thumbnails/previews are scanned, they are off by approx 10% from the frame edge. The frustrating part is that when I try to adjust it manually by using the Frame Offset button in SF, I lose a frame! Either the frame I am seeing in preview (or the one next to it, depending on which direction I click in) is no longer available.

I still see it in the thumbnails (even after I refresh the thumbnails), but when I double click on a subsequent frame, then in the larger window it brings me to the next frame.

Is there anyway to properly line up the frames? Interestingly, if I close SF and open Nikon Scan [and not change anything else with the scanner, film, etc], Nikon Scan pulls them in perfectly aligned.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Ricky

Return to “Nikon”