Black scans in HDR mode

All the problems with Nikon film scanners

pjano
Visitor

Black scans in HDR mode

Postby pjano » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:43 pm

Hello,
Being a new user of Silverfast SE and HDR I ran into a problem which I tried to solve buy searching this forum but I couldn't find a solution.
I want to scan 48 HDR files from color negatives that I later process in Silverfast HDR. The problem is that when I follow the tutorials and documentation and select negative for the film type in General Tab the image comes out completely black after the scanning process. But when I do it the opposite way and scan the negative by selecting "positive" in the same tab the image comes out as a negative image that is then correctly interpreted in Silverfast HDR. I am a bit confused, because everywhere where I searched(forum, tutorials etc) it says I should select negative for negative film.What's wrong? Any ideas?

Thank You

piotr

LSI_Heidorn
SilverFast Expert
SilverFast Expert

Re: Black scans in HDR mode

Postby LSI_Heidorn » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:51 am

Dear Piotr,

first of all, if you scan HDR Mode it (usually) does not matter if you switched to neg or pos before as the HDR scan will not alter the raw data, so the negative conversions will not be done in any case.
Still, it is wrong that the one mode results in a black scan, if you want us to explore this further, i'd love to know what Scanner, platform, OS & SF Version you use.
May do not reply in this Thread but post a Bug stating the needed Infos in our website bug Form, will you ?

best regards,

Nils Heidorn

Return to “Nikon”