Minolta 5400 and Version 6.5

All the problems with Minolta film scanners

BOBRAPP
SilverFast User
SilverFast User

Minolta 5400 and Version 6.5

Postby BOBRAPP » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:15 pm

I have upgraded some of my Silverfast software to 6.5 (HDR and AI Studio for the Minolta.
Part of the reason for the upgrade was for the Multi Exposure feature. I have yet to find where it is invoked within the software. multi sampling is still there along with the original features. Added is the frame recognition (fails to work properly).
How do I invoke the new features and when will the documentation be available.

Regards,
Bob Rapp

BOBRAPP
SilverFast User
SilverFast User

Postby BOBRAPP » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:16 am

I finally found the QT movie and tried it again. The icon did not come up as I toggled through the multi-sample options. Then, I noticed that I had the click twice to get past 2 and 4! It appears that the multi - exposure icon does not come up.
I found that starting the scan after the first click on 2 invoked the multi exposure. I did only one scan last night - it was late - but the results were less that spectacular. I had colour fringing and a very different colour balance from the original (48-bit Colour).
I will play with it again tonight and see if 48-bit HDR colour and Silverfast HDR make a difference.

Bob

LSI_Heidorn
SilverFast Expert
SilverFast Expert

Postby LSI_Heidorn » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:34 am

Dear Bob,

there is an icon update problem if you use XP in Classic Style.

Please try to set your Desktop Scheme to the regular XP Scheme and let me know if it works, will you ?

Thank you & best regards,

Nils Heidorn, R & D, LaserSoft Imaging AG

BOBRAPP
SilverFast User
SilverFast User

XP vs Classic schemes

Postby BOBRAPP » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:35 am

Yes, I found that it worked long a go. I, like a lot of my associates, refuse to use the XP desktop scheme. The "eye candy" is in the scans, not the interface.

Bob Rapp

LSI_Heidorn
SilverFast Expert
SilverFast Expert

Postby LSI_Heidorn » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:29 am

Dear Bob,
a colleague of mine is adressing that problem right now.
We thought it to be a minor problem ( maybe wrongly ) as we felt that the vast majority was using XP Style.
We now know different and will care for it :-)

Greetings,

Nils

LSI_Heidorn
SilverFast Expert
SilverFast Expert

Postby LSI_Heidorn » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:55 am

v650r4 is online now and fixes the nasty button issue !

Greetings,

BOBRAPP
SilverFast User
SilverFast User

Postby BOBRAPP » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:30 am

Thank you for fixing the icon problem for us users using the Windows Classic theme.

I like the seperation of the M-S and M-E icons.

Cheers,

Bob

MaNi
Visitor

DS Elite 5400 II: Multi Exposure doesn't work

Postby MaNi » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:56 am

We also paid the expensive upgrade to the Ai Studio ME Version just because of the Multi Exposure feature and we also can't use it, even though our Scanner is supported (DS Elite 5400 II). We have Version 6.5.1r1 and work with Mac OS X 10.4 and it doesn't work. I can click on the multisampling icon however often I want, it still remains a simple Multisampling icon, displaying the normal features but not the Multi Exposure Feature. We have tried to contact the tech support and got a ticket but no answer, which is very annoying. Is there any chance on solving this problem or did we waste our money, buying the upgrade??

Best regards, MaNi
Last edited by MaNi on Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSI_Heidorn
SilverFast Expert
SilverFast Expert

Re: DS Elite 5400 II: Multi Exposure doesn't work

Postby LSI_Heidorn » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:05 am

MaNi wrote:We also paid the expensive upgrade to the Ai Studio ME Version just because of the Multi Exposure feature and we also can't use it...

Dear MaNi,
please notice that the other users only had a display problem of the button, the Multi-Exposure works just fine !
So you are having a different problem.
And yes, there should be a way of solving your problem, i'll forward this thred linkt to our support to see if they can elevate your ticket and look at the problem soon.

Greetings,

LSI_Noack
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Noack » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:02 am

Dear MaNi

I could retreive two tickets from our support system, one aged less than one hour, the other less than 23 hours at the time of writing this post.
I've answered them both right now. If I unfortunately failed to see another request raised, please reply to this posting with the ticket number in question. Thank you very much in anticipation of your kind cooperation.

Best regards
Sonny Noack
- Manager Technical Support, LaserSoft Imaging AG -

MaNi
Visitor

Postby MaNi » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:11 am

Hello and thanks for your answers now, helping to solve both our problems.

Yes we received the ticket concerning the ME feature yesterday and were hoping for a quick answer, because we need the feature urgently and our work got stuck because of it since yesterday afternoon.

I answered your E-mail asking a further question concerning the Multi Exposure feature and am positive we will be able to close the subject soon.

Thanks a lot, best regards,

MaNi

Return to “Minolta”