Is there a missing link?

All the problems with Minolta film scanners

RebBacchus
Visitor

Is there a missing link?

Postby RebBacchus » Tue May 02, 2006 8:37 pm

I'm learning the touch-up controls and the videos are very helpful. I'm trying to scan a large number of slides and I think the Job batch mode would be useful, but I seem to be missing a step on how to get them selected.

When I insert a holder the scanner does a pre-scan. I don't seem to be able to access the more than a single slide without doing another prescan. Thus for the four slides I end up doing four presans pluse the long prescan when the holder was loaded.

The only video that I've seen about the batch process begins "Now that we have the slides selected when can add them to the batch"

I seem to be missing a step. I can all all the slides from the holder to the job... I can add them one at a time but only with many prescans and I can't seem to pull the slide out of the job to add anything....

I have read the manual but I don't see the answer there either. It keeps saying I can scan and come back to the image, but I'm don't see how that would work once I've taken the slides out of the holder. What am I missing?

If I can't use the batch mode, how would you suggest a high volume scan set up. I'm getting pretty much what I want with the image auto adjust (is there an undo?) and if nothing else I would like to scan image four over and over... it would be nice if the counter worked to make that easier.

PS How does one name a slide in batch mode? I would like to use the auto numbering system and add a name to each slide, can this be done?
Reb

RAG
SilverFast Master
SilverFast Master

Postby RAG » Tue May 02, 2006 8:48 pm

RebBacchus,

I think Ian Lyons's tutorial will help you achieve your goal.
http://www.computer-darkroom.com/job_ma ... anager.htm
Member in good standing - NAPP
A picture is worth a thousand words! :-)

RebBacchus
Visitor

Postby RebBacchus » Tue May 02, 2006 11:45 pm

RAG wrote:RebBacchus,

Thanks, I'll read it. I quickly developing a love/hate relationship. This software is so powerful and I love the results. I just want it to work the way I would have designed it... If I knew the first thing about what it's doing.

I haven't practiced my manners and thanked folks for the help I've received, my excuse is that I've been in and out of the hospital after six by-passes. Was it Samuel Johnson who said "Nothing focuses a man's mind like the knowledge of a hanging in the morning..."

I'm now determined to get all my slides into some sort of media that can be viewed after my projector bites the dust. I know I'm not the only one who is doing this sort of thing... but I seem to be having trouble getting production. A big part is playing with all the power of the scanner and this software, but too much is undoing what I've done. Learning is fun!
Learning is fun!
Learning is fun!
Learning is fun!

Oh well, I am having fun even if my "tone" doesn't sound like it. I've always wanted a darkroom and now I've got one of the best... I think.
Reb

RebBacchus
Visitor

Postby RebBacchus » Wed May 03, 2006 12:08 am

RAG wrote:RebBacchus,

I just skimmed the tutorial... it's wonderful. Thanks again
Reb

RAG
SilverFast Master
SilverFast Master

Postby RAG » Wed May 03, 2006 2:28 am

No problem, but Ian is the one you should be thanking. He was kind enough to put the information together and post it on his web site for all to read.
Member in good standing - NAPP

A picture is worth a thousand words! :-)

Return to “Minolta”