wave pattern overlaying my scans

All the problems with Microtek film scanners

nickk
Visitor

wave pattern overlaying my scans

Postby nickk » Mon Jun 16, 2003 6:07 pm

I have a real problem scanning negs and getting a wave, or snake skin, pattern over images, and it's particularly visible on skys. Emailing Silverfast has only resulted in Kristian saying it's my film, but nothing more (K.. are you listening). I'm using a microtek 4500t, scannng 6x6 negs, and getting them REAllY flat, with the hold down magnets on all four sides. Is it possible to mask out that particular color as it waves over a sky? How? Thanks a lot. - Nick

LSI_Kratzenstein
SilverFast Professional
SilverFast Professional

Postby LSI_Kratzenstein » Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:51 pm

Hi,

As I said, if the pattern is every time on the same place (and you said so), this should be something in the scanner. It could also be the glassplate. But it is very special to remove a pattern from the picture, cause this must be calculated, and removed with an algorythm. This will be only for this scanner.
I hope you can understand, that we can't make this.

kind regards,

Kristian Kratzenstein

nickk
Visitor

wave pattern

Postby nickk » Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:37 pm

Ah... I think I misunderstood something. The wave pattern I am getting is in the same place on the same piece of film, but on different pieces of film it's a different pattern, different places. Is this something that can be dealt with?
or is this the same problem? thanks - Nick

Return to “Microtek”