scanning 35mm xpan / microtek artixscan 120tf

All the problems with Microtek film scanners

rainbowphoto
Visitor

scanning 35mm xpan / microtek artixscan 120tf

Postby rainbowphoto » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:47 am

I am having problems scanning 35mm xpan on my Artixscan 120tf w/ Silverfast 6. Currently I am scanning the negative in two pieces (48 bit HDR) and stitching them back together in Photoshop. This is pretty time consuming. If there a way to scan the whole negative? I can scan the whole negative with the Microtek software but I'm not liking the results. Any help would be great.

LSI_Noack
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Noack » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:04 pm

Dear rainbowphoto

I did post such a feature request for the MS AS 120tf and the Nikon LS-8000/9000 scanners quite some time ago in our internal development databases.
I also proposed this idea to product management and the president of LSI, Mr Zahorsky.
So I guess that in some future version of SilverFast this feature might be implemented.

However, I didn't know that this can be done with Microtek's own software until know. This is likely to increase priority to this feature request.
But I might this to be tested internally.

Could you kindly tell me which version of ScanWizard does provide this specific scanning mode?
Thank you very much in advance :)

Best regards
Sonny Noack
- tech support, LSI AG -

sbosman
SilverFast User
SilverFast User

Postby sbosman » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:34 am

Scanwizard 7.1.5 allos it. That version has also corrected all the problems I was having with the others. When I'll be back home, I'll try the latest Silverfast release to see what the status is.

Return to “Microtek”