Problems with negative scanning - Microtek Filmscan 1800

All the problems with Microtek film scanners

RP
SilverFast Beginner

Problems with negative scanning - Microtek Filmscan 1800

Postby RP » Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:37 am

With SilverFast Ai 6 I have some troubles with scanning of negative film strips.
With every new inserted film strip I want to prescan I have to wait cca 4- 5 minutes that scanner wake it up and do the prescan. But in cca 80% this prescan end with error message.
I will try to copy this message in next if that will be nessessary.

My way of solution that problem is that I have to turn off SilverFast AI program and Scanner and I repeat switching off and on so long that go without error. That takes me too much time!!!
For 6 exposure on one negative strip I spend usualy 30 min.!!!!!

Also film frames are never correctly seted. Offset correction button have not enough fine adjustment range.
In that manner also batch scannings are not succesfull !

What should I check first? If someone can help me, please?

Thanks!
Peter Rus

LSI_Noack
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Noack » Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:42 pm

Dear RP

do I get this right - you need to wait more than four minutes until the prescan starts? This can't be right.

Please contact SilverFast support staff via the problem report (=> http://www.silverfast.com/problemreport/en.html ) with your problem description and an (via copy-paste) inserted SF_Logfile.

Thank you very much in advance for your kind co-operation.

RP
SilverFast Beginner

Postby RP » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:50 am

Thank you for reply!
Yes, You get this right! First scan attempt take from 3 to 4,5 minutes. I measure few trials again! With CyberWiev bundled software takes (only) 1 to 1,5 minute - lamp warming and measuring exp. and frame positioning.
And Yes, I already wrote to SilverFast problems report at 13/4/2004. Not for this waiting on the begining of scan process but also for error message after prescan and not correct positioned scan frame on negative strip. Same day I received an auto reply that SF support team is very busy and till today nothing more.
I can not find SF log file for error can you help me to locate it. Where is usualy located or what file name must I search?

Thanks
Peter Rus [/quote]

Return to “Microtek”