Problem with line banding

All the problems with Microtek film scanners

schrubs
Visitor

Problem with line banding

Postby schrubs » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:51 pm

I wish to know if someone has ever encountered ''line banding'' with Microtek scanner. I mean that sometimes fine vertical color lines appear (they seem to be Cyan, Magenta or Yellow colored) when I use transparency mode (color or black and white), and sometimes they don't.
KnowledgeBase from Microtek said : ''To determine if your problem is caused by a burned out lamp, simply open the scanner lid and check the color of the lamp. If the color is a shade of red, pink, or green, then the lamp is burned out. Perform a scanner preview to get a clear view of the lamp. If the lamp is a bright white follow the set(s) of instruction(s) below to fix the problem''... My lamp is pure white and those instructions concern only Microtek ScanWizard Pro software (version 6.52). I did all the software restoration they ask for, even though I only work with Silverfast. The line banding is still there in each software (SW and SF).

So here is my question : Is it possible that only a small portion of the CCD could be defective?

The software/hardware I use :

Microtek ScanMaker i900
SilverFast v6.4.2r2b
Windows XP professional
Pentium 4 with 2.00 Ghz
1, 12 Go Ram
Photoshop CS2
Silverfast
Clean your room before attemting to save the world.

LSI_Noack
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Noack » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:01 pm

Dear

please don't hesitate to contact support: http://www.silverfast.com/problemreport/en.html if you like us to examine your given problem.

Best regards
Sonny Noack
- Manager Technical Support, LaserSoft Imaging AG -

Return to “Microtek”