Microtek FilmScan 35 Silverfast SE - Driver problems

All the problems with Microtek film scanners

larrywalker
Visitor

Postby larrywalker » Wed May 21, 2003 10:42 pm

I have just purchased the above and downloaded the software.

I have loaded all the software and all looks OK. I have installed the Silverfast SE download OK. However, when I use Presto PageManager, the Silverfast page appears but hangs on "Searching devices" and then causes a blue screen of death! I also get a large Watcom SQL 4.0 window appearing.

When I have been able to go into PageManager it is reluctant to let me select the Twain source although I have managed to make SilverFast the current default. It all seems a bit 'flaky'.

My scanner is plugged into a 4 port PCI USB V2.0 hub.

Your advice would be appreciated. Please help!!
:(
Thank you
Larry Walker

LSI_Magnussen
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Magnussen » Thu May 22, 2003 6:17 am

Could you give some more information? Which Windows version are you using? Which version number does the SilverFast version has?

Ralf

larrywalker
Visitor

Postby larrywalker » Thu May 22, 2003 7:43 am

Windows 98 Second Edition
V 6.0.1r44 I think from memory but I did register the version number with you yesterday. I will check when I go home.

I could scan with the default TWAIN that comes with the scanner but when I chose Silverfast TWAIN my problems started.

Could my download be corrupted? Should I download a fresh copy or is there something else wrong?

Thanks for your help.
:-?

Larry

LSI_Magnussen
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Magnussen » Thu May 22, 2003 12:31 pm

I can suggest two things.
1) Uninstall SilverFast and the original software from Microtek for the FilmScan 35 and install only SilverFast.
2) Look into the "Scanner and Cameras" control panel. Is there only the FilmScan35 listed? If there are other entries, try to delete them.

Ralf

Return to “Microtek”