microtek 4000tf, silverfsat and b\w negs problems

All the problems with Microtek film scanners

barabba
Visitor

microtek 4000tf, silverfsat and b\w negs problems

Postby barabba » Sun Oct 05, 2003 12:21 pm

:cry:
I try hard to have a decent results with b\w negs with no success.
higth lights totally burnt since the prescan, with no chance to make them better with photoshop. I was told silverfast was one of the best software , but to have decent results I had to use Scanwizard Pro tx from Microtek.
There's must be for sure something wrong in my settings.
I use Kodak tri x 400.
want somebody help me please

LSI_Kratzenstein
SilverFast Professional
SilverFast Professional

Postby LSI_Kratzenstein » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:34 am

Please check the Histogram settings and the expert settings in NegaFix. Be sure to use 16 bit grey or at least 8 bit grey, and not 1bit Line Art. The hightlights could be burned out, if the contrast stretching is too big.

kind regards

barabba
Visitor

Postby barabba » Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:04 pm

LSI_Kratzenstein wrote:Please check the Histogram settings and the expert settings in NegaFix. Be sure to use 16 bit grey or at least 8 bit grey, and not 1bit Line Art. The hightlights could be burned out, if the contrast stretching is too big.

kind regards

thanks for your reply. I didn't touch the histogram settings and the expert settings in NegaFix.
I just try to improve the results using the curves (as I always done with Nikon coolscan 4000)and selecting the right negative, of course 16 bit grey, but no good results at all if compare with Nikon :(
other suggestions .thanks

obese
SilverFast Beginner

Postby obese » Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:50 am

Try increasing the value in Option->Special->Lightness. This increase the exposure time of the scan. Occasionally I have the same problem with TriX 400 when they are not properly developed. And this is how I solved the problem. BTW, I have a Polaroid SS4000+ which is the same as Microtek 4000tf.

barabba
Visitor

Postby barabba » Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:10 pm

obese wrote:Try increasing the value in Option->Special->Lightness. This increase the exposure time of the scan. Occasionally I have the same problem with TriX 400 when they are not properly developed. And this is how I solved the problem. BTW, I have a Polaroid SS4000+ which is the same as Microtek 4000tf.

thanks for you suggestion. sometimes it can help but you can't abuse otherwise shadows become too dark for any correction. I even realised that selecting Tmax neg instead of TriX make things somethimes better .
I start thinking that this is a limit of the scan and you can't do that much to improove it (althougt with Scan Wizard Pro from Microtek things are lightly better). but from this forum (LSI_Kratzenstein ) I had no big help, and from technical support of lasersoft after two mails no answer at all ( a week from the first mail). :(

Return to “Microtek”