IT8 Targets

All the problems with Microtek film scanners

camerapro
SilverFast Beginner

IT8 Targets

Postby camerapro » Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:34 am

The Microtek 120tf is delivered with 2 It8 targets one is a 35mm Kodak and the other is a 6x7 Kodak. The manual says the 35mm target is for the Sacn Wizard ICC profiler software and the 6x7 is for calibrating Silverfast. Is there any reason why one target can not be used to calibrate Scan Wizard and Silverfast? Do I have to buy 35mm and 6x7 Targets to create profiles for other films such as Fuji Provia? or will the 35mm targets do the job for both Scan Wizard and Silverfast? Any Info would be great.

LSI_Flyvbjerg
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Flyvbjerg » Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:19 am

Dear camerapro.

SilverFast can use any IT8 target as long as you have the reference file for it.

If the target is a target from LaserSoft, SilverFast will automatically find the name for the reference file, if there is a barcode on it and will download the reference file from the WEB, if it isn?t installed yet.

Eric.

camerapro
SilverFast Beginner

IT8 Targets

Postby camerapro » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:45 pm

Can I use a 35mm target to calibrate then scan 6x7 positives? Is there a difference in color using a 35mm target then scanning a 6x7?

LSI_Flyvbjerg
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Flyvbjerg » Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:18 am

Dear camerpro.

You are asking for scanning 6x7 positives. I guess you mean 6x7 negatives, which of course would be transformed to positives, since the AS 120tf is a film scanner.

Yes, you can calibrate using a 35 mm IT8 target and then scan other film material afterwards, because the same optic is used for both formats inside the scanner. You can use either It8 targets from LaserSoft or third party targets as long as you have the correct reference files.

Eric.

irps
Visitor

Postby irps » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:58 pm

This is another questin regarding IT8 calibration. I have the Microtek Artixscan 120tf.
After having calibrated the scanner with the 35mm slide the little IT8 calibration icon on the left hand side of the preview window turnd blue to indicate that the scanner has been calibrated. But when I insert a different film holder, the icon stays gray. In Options I use the same settings as when I calibrated with the slide holder.
The scanned pictures appear correct and calibrated. My concern is the little icon, why does it not appear in blue. A friend of mine is using the same scanner, and the little icon for each holder appears blue.
Thank you.

LSI_Muenier
SilverFast Expert
SilverFast Expert

Postby LSI_Muenier » Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:06 am

The IT8 calibration icon does not highlight when you should have chosen Negative mode. Otherwise it should highlight whenever you use a profile generated with your SilverFast.
Please supply me with the version number of SilverFast you are using and the platform (OSX, OS9, Win2000, etc.).
Thank you very much.

Return to “Microtek”