Film Scan 3600

All the problems with Microtek film scanners

Grigoriy
Visitor

Film Scan 3600

Postby Grigoriy » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:04 am

Thank you for such an excellent product as SilverFast is! I've recently acquired FS3600 supplied with SF6 and really enjoyed with it!

It would be desirable to have in a tooling of the button for management of the scanner such as " the Following slide " and " the Previous slide ". The available button of emission of a film does not satisfy all needs{requirements} for management of the scanner. These buttons very much will help at work with the big pieces of a film because it is not always correct Silver Fast defines{determines} an arrangement of the staff on a film in section " OverView of all images ".

If I not correctly understand something, please explain to me how to cope with a problem when in section " OverView of all images " the staff are scanned with displacement. And frequently each following is displaced more strongly previous.

Grigoriy

LSI_Bruhn
SilverFast Expert
SilverFast Expert

Offset for fixing the displacement problem

Postby LSI_Bruhn » Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:26 pm

Dear Grigoriy,

try to use the offset button to fix the displacement of the Pictures on film. It should be the 3rd Symbol over the Quicktime Movie button (counting from the bottom) in the button list shown in the Prescan Window.

Thanks for your input and enjoy using SilverFast.
Sascha Bruhn

LaserSoft Imaging AG
Luisenweg 6-8
24105 Kiel

Grigoriy
Visitor

Re: Offset for fixing the displacement problem

Postby Grigoriy » Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:57 pm

I meant a little bit another. Namely: we admit, that for me it is necessary 24 staff on a film from 36 staff. How I can quickly get access to 24 staff?
I am now compelled to make overview. And what for to me it if I know quantity of the staff and number necessary to me.
To use for this purpose offset button it is not convenient and it is not correct. As an example on this theme I can offer you program CyberView X.

And still: how function "offset" works? It seemed to me, that for it there is a limit of length which it can stretch for one using this function. I have in a kind what to stretch whole the staff for once with use offset at me have failed.

Where I am not right?

Grigory

LSI_Bruhn
SilverFast Expert
SilverFast Expert

Postby LSI_Bruhn » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:17 pm

Adjusting the Film Strip Position

This button enables to set a new position of start or end of a film
strip, in case the motor.driven transport and not positioned the film
correctly.
By clicking on to the positioner button, the mouse switches to an
arrow. With the base of the mouse the exact beginning of an image
in the slide is set. The scanner will then readjust and update the
prescan preview.
By pressing the ?Alt? key and clicking on the positioner button, the
direction of the arrow is switched. The exact end of the image can
now be marked by clicking on it with the base of the arrow. The
Scanner will readjust and update the prescan preview.

... I hope that helps about the offset button.

For the other problem, if I got you right, it is better to set the 'save' function of settings on 'delete'. When you are using a 36 stripe and save settings - they won't fit for the 24, right ?

to get things in the right, give me a step by step explanation on what you are doing, so i can reproduce the problem.
Sascha Bruhn

LaserSoft Imaging AG
Luisenweg 6-8
24105 Kiel

Return to “Microtek”