Are you interested to buy a new scanner??

All the problems with Microtek film scanners

huzel
Visitor

Are you interested to buy a new scanner??

Postby huzel » Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:29 pm

Then please be warned that Microtek company has been taken over by a German company and Microtek Nederlans is no longer providing technical service or replacement of a broken item during guarantee period.

Kindest regards,
Hakki ?zel

President_LSI
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Microtek European Scanner Sales and Gurantees

Postby President_LSI » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:36 pm

Microtek European Scanner Sales and Gurantees

Obviously some wrong rumours about changes regarding Microtek's European scanner sales have to be clarified:

In order to cut down costs and optimize the channels the distribution of Microtek's scanners has been taken over by UMAX Europe (Umax Systems GmbH). Umax is taking the opportunity in replacing its aging Umax POWERLOOK scanner line with Microtek's ArtixScan and ScanMaker line.

All hardware will have the same warranty as before. As we have been dealing with UMAx for quite some time, we can say, that Umax has a very solid business and well developed sales channels.

So, we can conclude that the Microtek scanner distribution will even be better than before and the customer can expect a better service!

best regards

Karl-Heinz Zahorsky
President & CEO
LaserSoft Imaging AG

huzel
Visitor

Microtek Scanner

Postby huzel » Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:04 pm

I bought Microtek 4000 tf scanner on 18 February this year. The reason of choosing Microrek was SilverFast. Because I was using SF on my older scanner wich was bought from you seperately. After a short experience I witnessed the ease of use and perfect abilities of SF. But unfortunately the scanner I bougt from Microtek was broken. Microtek says its CCD was broken and the item had to be replaced.

Microtek Nederlands then declared that they are unable to replace it. I had to return the scanner back to the distributor in my country. I now bought a new Nikon 5000 Ed. I am now trying to discover Nikon. It was a bad experience and I still have problems with the distributor.

Kindest regards,
Hakki ?zel

Return to “Microtek”