35mm not available with glass holder on 120tf

All the problems with Microtek film scanners

MicroSF6
SilverFast User
SilverFast User

35mm not available with glass holder on 120tf

Postby MicroSF6 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:49 pm

When using the glass holder with my 120tf 35mm is not selectable as a film format. Will this be fixed in a future release of Silverfast?

LSI_Sperling
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Sperling » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:23 pm

Dear MicroSF

please contact our support at our web site and fill out the form.

We will help you as quick as possible :D

best regards

Christoph

dstaver
Visitor

Postby dstaver » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:45 pm

Any updates on this? I haven't heard from you since I filled out the support request and sent you my log files...

I'm simply hoping that 35mm will be selectable as a film format when using the glass holder. Don't need auto detection or anything like that, just 35mm in addition to 6x45, 6x6, 6x7 and 6x9 which are already selectable.

Now I find myself swtiching between formats to try to find one that won't cut my frame in half when scanning a certain image.

sbosman
SilverFast User
SilverFast User

Postby sbosman » Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:40 pm

dstaver, I have the same problem, but I work around it without switching formats. By using the frame offset feature, it is quite manageable to scan any 35mm frame in a strip with the glass holder.

However, I have other big problems. Regularly, when trying to scan the 5th and 6th frames, Silverfast puts the scanner in such a condition that it starts to emit a very very loud noise and vibrate a lot. Very frightening. The process usually freezes at that stage and I have to switch the scanner off and kill Silverfast.

I also have the problem of soft banding with all the holders.

I suspect the culprit of all that to be firmware 1.6 to which Silverfast never really adapted or did not get the relevant information from Microtek.

v**s**n has the same problems, only worse because it does not recongnizes the glass holder at all. But that points to the firmware being the culprit, because it is very unlikely that Silverfast programmers and Ed Hamrick made the same mistakes at the same time.

All in all, it renders Silverfast and the Microtek largely useless for me. I keep using because I have nothing else and sometimes I get sharp scans without knowing why :(

I am considering to totally give up, bite the bullet and change for another scanner. But which one ? The Nikon and its ill-conceived MF film holders ? Not a bright prospect. An Imacon or a Creo ? Can't swallow the price tag. So, what to do ?

jp04
Visitor

120F glass holder problems.

Postby jp04 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:52 am

I have been following this forum for some time now, especially the problems mentioned with the 120TF glass carrier and 35mm film. In July, Mr. Noack?s rather flip reply did nothing to help, nor did the log file he asked for. I don?t believe LaserSoft has come any closer to correcting this problem. This is clearly evidenced by Mr. Sperling?s and Noack?s replies in October, ?it ?should be recognized? and ?please contact our support? respectively, as if they never heard of the problem. I am using version 6.2.3r6 and still have the problem.

Silverfast is a fine product, that I used on a regular basis. There are always some problems with any wide-ranging, complex software application. However, I am distressed on how this issue is being handled in this forum. I would expect better.
I hope we get it.

Return to “Microtek”