Slooooooow down with i900 and SF AI 6.4.1R2

flatbed scanners for Microtek

jpc1
SilverFast Beginner

Slooooooow down with i900 and SF AI 6.4.1R2

Postby jpc1 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:59 am

Just got my I900 and loaded the released AI 6 and things were fine. Down loaded 6.4.1r2, the release was 6.2.1r4. Anyway, Scans now take for ever, it is as if the high quality multiple scan option has been implemented. I've switched back to the released version for now.

Anyone else experiencing this or have an idea what might cause it?

Jim

:(

jpc1
SilverFast Beginner

an upadate

Postby jpc1 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:28 pm

Well at least I'm not totally bonkers. I've found at least one other user on this forum who has had the same problem. I've reported it to SilverFast, but no answer yet.

Jim

LSI_Belli
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Belli » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:33 pm

You could check in the "Options / Special" tab, if the option "Scan draft" is available and active.

Our support team will answer asap.

BR
Thomas

jpc1
SilverFast Beginner

Postby jpc1 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:08 pm

The prescan draft box is checked. The draft prescans work fine, it is the actual scan that is probably 4 or 5 times longer then the 6.2.1r4 release of AI that comes with the scanner. It is as if the scanner is in a very fine scan mode and it just creeps.

I most certainly would appreciate any help available.

Jim

jpc1
SilverFast Beginner

How to uninstall

Postby jpc1 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:25 pm

I'm still looking for a fix for this problem. I've trie uninstalling and re-installing several times, all with the same result. What is clear is that the uninstall process does not remove all traces of silverfast.

Does someone have a proceedure to cleanly remove all the silverfast traces so I can get a clean install.

Again the symptons are that in AI 6.4.1r2 that scans take an excessive amount of time compared to the Microtek scanwizard pro and AI 6.2.1r4. At least one other person experienced the same problem and he eventuallly resolved the problem by re-installing

conor
Visitor

Postby conor » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:26 pm

I had the same thing happen when I updated my copy of ScanWizard Pro.
Here is what I did:
1. I performed the regular uninistall that you find using -Start - Programs- Micrtotek ScanWizard - Uninstall.
2. When I looked on my hard disk to C:Program Files - Microtek, I noticed that some data files remained. By trial and error I found that I had to delete these in order to correct the problem.
3. Delete C:\Program Files\Microtec to fully uninstall the Microtek.

After doing this and reloading Microteck everything worked fine. To the person asking about deleting SilverFast completely, I would say just try the same thing. I have not updated SilverFast yet, but, I am assuming that an entire delete will be required since you are all having the same problem.

I hope this helps.

Return to “Microtek”