Silverfast Se /Microtek Scanmaker E3 which Version?

flatbed scanners for Microtek

neanderix
Visitor

Silverfast Se /Microtek Scanmaker E3 which Version?

Postby neanderix » Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:59 pm

Hello all,

my problem ist, that i have a Mictrotek Scanmaker E3 - and Microtek doesn't offer any drivers or software which makes it possible to use this scanner with Windows 2000.

So i'm thinking about Silverfast SE, but i have some questions before download:

1. There are two offers in the download-area: "Silverfast program" and "Twain". Which Versision should i download?
My Programs for further editing are Micrografx Picture Publisher 8 and Ulead PhotoImpact 5.

2. Is it correct, that Silverfast is a kind of "stand alone" software, i.e. for using my scanner is just need Silverfast and any electronic picture processing software - but i don't need any other drivers or programs to use my scanner with win 2000?

Please help me, because i'm right now in a situation i need my scanner, and i do not think about buying a new one because it fit's my needs perfectly.

Volker

LSI_Belli
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Belli » Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:09 pm

Dear Volker,

1. There are two offers in the download-area: "SilverFast program" and "Twain". Which Versision should i download?
My Programs for further editing are Micrografx Picture Publisher 8 and Ulead PhotoImpact 5.

You should download the TWAIN version.

2. Is it correct, that SilverFast is a kind of "stand alone" software, i.e. for using my scanner is just need SilverFast and any electronic picture processing software - but i don't need any other drivers or programs to use my scanner with win 2000?

You can use the stand alone application SF Launcher with the Photoshop plugin (SF Launcher enables to import the Photoshop plugin without using Photoshop). No other program is then needed to perform a scan.

https://www.silverfast.com/show/sf-launcher/en.html

In any case, you can download a demo of SilverFast (TWAIN or/and Photoshop plugin) to get an idea of how it works.

Thomas

Return to “Microtek”