SF Ai6 unlock code doesn't (Microtek 1800f)

flatbed scanners for Microtek

AllenHarkleroad
Visitor

SF Ai6 unlock code doesn't (Microtek 1800f)

Postby AllenHarkleroad » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:47 am

I just purchased the MicrotekArtixScan 1800f that comes bundled with silverfast Ai 6, on the back of the CD case there is a 20 digit number that I am assuming is the "unlock code" the one on the box will not work with either the Cd that came with the scanner nor the updated download/demo on the silverfast website. I called the Microtek support only to find that i need to contact silverfast. I tried calling the florida office but was tol the support line was a per minute charge. Rather than spend money I am assuming I can be assisted with the problem here.

If someone from silverfast support would contact me via email I will provide the code from the CD holder. I reallyneed to get this sorted out as soon as possible.

SilverFast Ai 6
Microtek ArtixScan 1800f

Allen Harkleroad
Designer Today Magazine
http://www.designertoday.com

LSI_Noack
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Noack » Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:52 pm

Dear Allen

thank you for your interest in LaserSoft Imaging's software products.

Be sure to have administrative rights on the system for serialization purposes. Though it usually works well in user mode, sometimes the serialization info will not be saved (depending on your system's settings).

Please put now your original SilverFast CD-ROM in your optical drive before starting up SilverFast.
When your computer has recognized the CD, start up SilverFast.

The serialization dialogue should appear. Please enter something into the first name and the last name field, as well as the SilverFast serial number.
The serial number is a 20-digit combination of numbers (from 0 to 9) and letters (from A to F).

If SilverFast doesn't accept the serial number, it will color the serial field blue and beep a sound.
If it does, it will access the CD to check if it is an original SilverFast CD. If the CD is damaged or no original SilverFast CD, it will not accept the serial as valid, too.

Furthermore, please note that SilverFast is developed specifically for each command set and chipset of a given scanner model range in order to achieve our goal: optimal scanning results.
Thus you cannot necessarily expect to use a SilverFast Version developed for one scanner for a different one, even if the scanners in question come from the same manufacturer.

However, as an established customer with SilverFast you are eligible for a discount price.
Please contact our sales department for further information.

Further information can be found in our FAQ:
https://www.silverfast.com/faq/1005/en.html

If you still cannot serialize, please don't hesitate to contact me for further assitance.
I shall need the serial number you try to serialize the SilverFast software with, as well as the SF_Logfile.

On a Mac OS X PC you will find the SF_Logfile in /Users/(your username)/Library/Preferences/LaserSoft Imaging.

On a Windows 2000 or XP system the SF_Logfile is placed within /Documents and Settings/(your username)/Application Data/LaserSoft Imaging.
If you haven't yet changed the standard setting of the Windows Explorer you won't see any folder "Application Data". You then want to open the folder options dialogue (from "Extras" the menu) and go to the "View" tab. There you can enable the Explorer to show you hidden and system files and folders as well as displaying the contents of system folders.

On older operating systems like Windows 98/ME or Mac OS 9 you will most probably find the SF_Logfile within the the program folder of Adobe Photoshop /Plugins/Import-Export/(SilverFast).

You could of course also you the search function of your system to find the "SF_Logfile". Please make sure that you will be shown hidden and system files. The SF_Logfile is always created anew when SilverFast is started up, even if no scanner can be found, it will be created.

Thanks in advance for your co-operation.

Kind regards
Sonny Noack
- tech support, LSI AG -

AllenHarkleroad
Visitor

Postby AllenHarkleroad » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:17 pm

Hi,
tech support sent me a new license key that did work, so i am good to go.

Thanks for the follow-up

Allen

Return to “Microtek”