Scanner color management settings help

flatbed scanners for Microtek

realw
Visitor

Scanner color management settings help

Postby realw » Tue Jul 29, 2003 6:17 am

I wonder if anyone can help me figure out the color management settings in Lasersoft 6 for Microtek Artixscan 2500f flatbed scanner, running on Windows 2000.

I created a scanner profile using Monaco EZcolor 2.5. I then entered the settings recommended in Ian Lyons's tutorial, "Silverfast Ai and HDR colour management," Example 5. I made sure that the Internal profile is the same as the working space in Photoshop (in my case, Adobe RGB 1998)

My test scans (e.g. Kodak gray step-wedges) open in Photoshop with a distinctly green cast.

When I use the settings in Example 1 of the tutorial (that is, no color management at all), the test scans open with neutral gray values that are much closer than those of the color-managed versions, but I am still hoping that I can get closer with a scanner profile.

I must be doing something wrong. Any hints or things I ought to check?

Thanks.
William

LSI_Kratzenstein
SilverFast Professional
SilverFast Professional

Postby LSI_Kratzenstein » Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:14 pm

Sounds, like the Scanner profile is not that fine. Could you try to scan as HDR (48 Bit, with Gamma) and assign the Scanner Profile in Photoshop to the picture ? If you get the green cast here too, it is the profile. Please contact Monaco Color for this problem.
At normal this is a wrong reference file problem, or the monitor calibration is not good.

kind regards

Return to “Microtek”