Regarding lamp-onmicrotek V6-usl

flatbed scanners for Microtek

scottsmdg
Visitor

Regarding lamp-onmicrotek V6-usl

Postby scottsmdg » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:41 pm

Hello-

I posted a request for help regarding the scanner Lamp staying on after quiting application (see previous post) It was reported to the devleopment team wish list as I understand.

Using SilverFast SE Demo software v. 6.4.0r8a with a Microtek V6-USL /Mac G5/1GB RAM/ System 10.3.7/Photoshop 7

Does the new downloadable Update SFE-6.4.1r1 address this issue (Lamp On) ??

I don't want to download and install the update it if in fact it does not.

Any help/info will be greatly appreciated.
I would still wish to purchase this software if there is a successful workaround for the Lamp On issue.

scott miller

LSI_Noack
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Noack » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:52 pm

Dear Scott

no news on the V6USL lamp front, yet.
Feature request is set to high priority, though. Still, fixes come first.

Please look at > News > Product history
if you want to find out about changes in update releases:
https://www.silverfast.com/show/history/en.html

Kind regards
Sonny Noack
- tech support, LSI AG -

ciprianoalgor
SilverFast Beginner

Postby ciprianoalgor » Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:46 am

hi, sonny. i'd like to add my vote for this too. just so, even though you guys have it at high priority, you know it's imprtant to us microtek users. i'm using an artixscan 1800f. also to have only the appropriate lamp lit during scans, as there are two lamos in the scanner i am told. one for scanning reflective art, and one for transparencies. apparently when both lamps run while scanning transparencies, it degrades the image. if you could control the lamps with media selction dialog box, that would be great. i love the app, and this would make it better, make my scans ass good as the scaner is capable of.

RAG
SilverFast Master
SilverFast Master

Postby RAG » Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:24 pm

ciprianoalgor, and scottsmdg,

Does this happen with the microtek software as well? Have you checked with them to see if this is perhaps a driver issue?

Signed trying to help. :roll:
Member in good standing - NAPP
A picture is worth a thousand words! :-)

ciprianoalgor
SilverFast Beginner

Postby ciprianoalgor » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:28 pm

viewtopic.php?t=1882&highlight=microtek+1800f

hi there are a few threads aout this, here's another one, from quite some time ago, but from what ican tell, the problem still exists. i am getting nice scans regardless (not doing super-critical work with the microtek, making contact sheets of 35mm film on the glass tray) but still am tempted by the fact that my scans COULD be even better. and the fact that the lamp is lit all the time worries me in regards to the life of the scanner, and the negs start to really heat up, so that if they're in the tray for a while, while doing multiple color corrections and versions of a scan for different lighting situations on the roll of film, when i rmeove the glass which is holding the negs flat, they curl up instantly and tightly. a real pain if i have to repostion them for a new scan, makes it almost impossible to repostion them b/c they've become so warm and want to curl. . . .

scottsmdg
Visitor

lamp on issue

Postby scottsmdg » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:59 am

The Microtek software (only for Mac OS 9.2.2/classic) with the V6USL scanner in my experience (used with Photoshop 6) - turns the light off upon completion of the scan. I dont scan transparencies so I do not know about that use.

Microtek has no OS X software for use with this Model Scanner - obviously why I am so interested in this application. :-)

Scott Miller
original poster

LSI_Noack
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Noack » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:34 pm

Under "Options" > "Spezial" users shall be able to define an inactivity interval after which the lamp will automatically be switched off in a release to follow soon (hopefully already in 6.4.1r3).

Best regards
Sonny Noack
- tech support, LSI AG -

ciprianoalgor
SilverFast Beginner

Postby ciprianoalgor » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:27 pm

thanks, sonny!

ciprianoalgor
SilverFast Beginner

Postby ciprianoalgor » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:02 am

so, a few versions have come out since the last post. is a function for shutting off the lamp going to be added soon? has it been already and maybe i can't find it? i'm using a microtek artixscan 1800f. thanks.

scottsmdg
Visitor

lamp on on V6

Postby scottsmdg » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:09 pm

Okay - new version 6.4.2r5 is out - Silverfast Ai (microtek)

Can anyone who is in the know tell me if the Lamp On problem descirbe in this thread has been addressed -

I would still love to purchase this software but only if this bug has been fixed -

what say yee?

please advise -

scott

LSI_Noack
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Noack » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:16 am

Was done as stated in 6.4.1r3 for Microtek V6USL.

Best regards
Sonny Noack
- Manager Technical Support, LaserSoft Imaging AG -

Return to “Microtek”