Problems with Artixscan 1800f after Mac OS X upgrade

flatbed scanners for Microtek

Jekhar
Visitor

Problems with Artixscan 1800f after Mac OS X upgrade

Postby Jekhar » Wed May 03, 2006 1:46 pm

After i upgraded Mac OS X from 10.3 to 10.4.6 yesterday, i'm experiencing two problems in Silverfast. I already downloaded and installed the newest Silverfast version (v6.4.4r2) just to be sure, but the problems remain.

Problem 1: The IT8-Calibration button is always grayed out, as in "not calibrated". The calibration itself runs fine just as before the OS upgrade, i get no error messages or anything, but after it has finished the button remains gray.

Problem 2: Color corrections don't carry over to the final scan. Everything looks ok in the prescan window, but the final scan is always uncorrected. Every color-adjustmend made in Silverfast (histogram, gradiations) is ignored. However, when i disable every profile (everything set to <none>/<kein>) in the CMS options the color adjustments work and are visible in the final scan. But without profiles the quality is of course less than stellar, so this is no real solution.

LSI_Noack
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Noack » Mon May 08, 2006 9:33 am

Dear Jekhar

we will need to examine this more closely. Therefore please don't hesitate to contact support: http://www.silverfast.com/problemreport/en.html
How to help support staff to help you: http://www.silverfast.com/faq/1058/en.html

Please note that the purpose of the imaging forum is not to provide personal support. It is intended to serve as a platform for imaging professionals for exchange of experience and communicating ideas [ viewtopic.php?p=9763&highlight=9763 ].
Therefore LSI staff will only provide limited support in the forum.
Thank you in anticipation of your kind co-operation.

Best regards
Sonny Noack
- Manager Technical Support, LaserSoft Imaging AG -

Jekhar
Visitor

Postby Jekhar » Mon May 08, 2006 10:50 am

Thanks for your reply. I am already in contact with support and i hope we can come to a solution.

As for the "no personal support on this forum"-issue, i am sorry if i have wrongly posted my request here, but i looked for some forum rules before i posted and didn't find any. Maybe that is something to be posted in a "sticky" thread on the frontpage of each subforum?

LSI_Noack
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Noack » Tue May 09, 2006 3:29 pm

Dear Jekhar

no harm done. Don't you worry 8)

Kind regards
Sonny Noack
- Manager Technical Support, LaserSoft Imaging AG -

Return to “Microtek”