Microtek 1800f - Mac OS 9 - Batch Scanning

flatbed scanners for Microtek

jeannetteok
Visitor

Microtek 1800f - Mac OS 9 - Batch Scanning

Postby jeannetteok » Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:08 am

I have been banging my head against the wall for hours, please help if you can.

We're using Silverfast AI 6, it came bundled with our scanner. We have a photography program here and it is very beneficial to us to be able to scan in batches using the film/slide holders. However, I have had nothing but trouble since we started using it, and have yet to make a successful batch scan.

Problem:

When settings under the general tab are set to Batch (File) Transparent and Negative, the scanner will choke up and I'll get the dread "Cannot calibrate scanner" error. If I choose "Normal" instead of Batch (File), it USUALLY scans okay but then I still have to go in and scan my negatives individually.

I have read Ian Lyons' Basic Steps to Batch Scanning and it was of little help. Then again, we have different versions of AI.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Jeannette

LSI_Kratzenstein
SilverFast Professional
SilverFast Professional

Postby LSI_Kratzenstein » Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:44 pm

What exact versions of SilverFast do you use ? Is this happen on all Ai versions you have ?
We tested the 1800f runs very fine here, with all batchscanning possibilitied (Batch(file), Batch to Photoshop).

jeannetteok
Visitor

Postby jeannetteok » Fri Apr 25, 2003 4:48 pm

Our version of SilverFast Ai is 6.0.1 r35. We only have the one version of Ai. We also have a version of SE which works just fine on our Epson scanner, but it naturally doesn't include batch scanning.

Jeannette

LSI_Kratzenstein
SilverFast Professional
SilverFast Professional

Postby LSI_Kratzenstein » Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:37 pm

Actuall we have a newer version online, please try this. Also please check your Firmware, if you have the current installed. This should be the main problem.

jeannetteok
Visitor

Postby jeannetteok » Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:40 pm

Thank you for the suggestion! I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks very much!

Jeannette

Return to “Microtek”