Mac osX 10.4 tiger can't find x12usl

flatbed scanners for Microtek

theocanfrog
Visitor

Mac osX 10.4 tiger can't find x12usl

Postby theocanfrog » Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:17 pm

hey there

been searching the web all day for tips or hints.

i can not for the life of me get my new g5 running 10.4 to locate the scanner - microtek x12usl.

i;ve tried with scan wizard, vue scan, and now the silverfast demo. seems to me that microtek's scanner finder or installer is the problem.

anyone have any hints?

thanks much

LSI_Noack
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Noack » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:38 am

Dear theocanfrog

please note that with some installations the Microtek ScanWizard software does install a software called Microtek button finder (or: scanner finder) which runs as a background application.
You will notice this on a Windows system by a little icon in your system tray (where to clock is displayed).
On a Macintosh OS X machine you have an icon for this app in the dock.
This utility programme does unfortunately disable SilverFast's access to the scanner, and thus needs to be turned off.

If the scanner is connected via SCSI, please note that e.g. Adaptec SCSI controllers are notoriously dysfunctional under OS X 10.3 and thus possibly under 10.4, too.
The reason is Apple's decision to drop one virtual hardware abstraction interface in transistion from Jaguar to Panther.

Best regards
Sonny Noack
- tech support, LSI AG -

theocanfrog
Visitor

the cabel guy

Postby theocanfrog » Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:24 pm

doh!

aftermessing around with it for a hour or so this morning (to no avail).

i switched out the cable that came in the box for a new one...

voila!

thanks so much for your superfast response

lastly, can you tell me if SF works with the X12usl's auto-doc feeder and/or has OCR capabilities? i looked through the program features (and was dazzled by many!) but didn't see any scanner-specific stuff.

peace

k

Return to “Microtek”