Does SF 6 recognice the high res.area of the Microtek 2500?

flatbed scanners for Microtek

Lichtblick
Visitor

Does SF 6 recognice the high res.area of the Microtek 2500?

Postby Lichtblick » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:06 pm

I am working with a Microtek Artixscan 2500. This Scanner has a high resolution area with 2500 dpi native resolution. The other area only delivers 1250 dpi res. Does SF 6 recognice the h.r. area when I fill the whole scan frames with negatives? (e.g. 24 frames 35mm: 12 frames in the high res. area and 12 frames in the normal area.) Or is SF upsampling the high res. area in this case?

Because I am from Germany, here my question in german:
Der Artixscan hat eine hochaufl?sende Scanzone mit 2500 dpi und eine normale Zone mit 1250 dpi. Wie verh?lt sich Silverfast, wenn ich den kompletten Negativtr?ger mit Negativen best?cke und mit 2500 dpi scannen m?chte? Erkennt Silverfast die hochaufl?sende Zone automatisch und scannt in diesem Fall mit optisch 2500 dpi oder interpoliert er die Negative in diesem Bereich. Beim Stapelbetrieb ist die L?sung dieser Frage sehr interessant f?r mich.

Wie verh?lt sich SF wenn ich nur den hochaufl?senden Teil best?cke.

p.s. bitte wenn m?glich auch auf deutsch antworten.
Vielen Dank

J. Cullmann

Lichtblick
Visitor

additional remark to my first post

Postby Lichtblick » Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:21 am

I made some further tests with my a.m. Artixscan 2500 using the original Scanwizard 6 Software. Result: a scan from a 35 colorneg. ist remarkably sharper than the scan of the same neg. with silverfast 6.

Of course the scanwizard scan shows more grain but I can?t sharpen the silverfast scan that much that it shows the same resolution as the other scan.

Any ideas? Who has experienced the same behaviour?

Is it possible that scanwizard detects the high resolution area and silverfast does not?

Regards
J?rgen

LSI_Magnussen
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Magnussen » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:48 am

Dear Mr. Cullmann,

in the General panel there's an "Original" popup, which should have four entries for your scanner:
"Reflective": Whole reflective area with 1250 dpi
"Transparency": Whole transparency area with 1250 dpi
"DOR Reflective": Double Optical Resolution (DOR) reflective area with 2500 dpi
"DOR Transparency": Double Optical Resolution (DOR) transparency area with 2500 dpi

So to use the 2500 dpi native resolution you have to choose one of the DOR options (which will limit the available scan area).

Regards
Ralf

Return to “Microtek”