Can't Prescan- Artixscan 1800f

flatbed scanners for Microtek

choifoto
SilverFast Beginner

Can't Prescan- Artixscan 1800f

Postby choifoto » Thu Mar 06, 2003 6:23 pm

When I prescan a 4x5 transparency, the scan head begins to travel but then stops and the scanner makes a horrible buzzing noise. The prescan looks distorted, elongated, extruded.
Scan mode works just fine. This doesn't happen when I am using the scanner with Microtek ScanWizard.

I'm on Mac OS 10.2.4 and PS 7

LSI_Support
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Support » Wed Mar 19, 2003 5:47 pm

check the download section for updates on your SilverFast.

nuphot
Visitor

Postby nuphot » Thu Mar 20, 2003 11:10 pm

I seem to have the same problem as choifoto's: I tried pre-scanning some reflective image, the scanner would start and made a weird loud buzz then would just produce a block of rainbowy stripy colors. I then tried download the update for Silverfast 6., however after I install the new updated version it happened again, exactly the same thing: weird loud buzz and stripy block of color as result of pre-scan! What could be the problem? Help please!! :(

nuphot
Visitor

It's ok now!

Postby nuphot » Wed Mar 26, 2003 10:39 pm

:D I restarted the system after installing the update for my Silverfast 6.0 and it seems to work fine now! (cross my fingers still!)

ciprianoalgor
SilverFast Beginner

Postby ciprianoalgor » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:20 pm

i know that this thread is long out of date, but almost two years later, with a new microtek 1800f and the latest version of silverfast ai studio at the time 6.2.1r1 i was having the same problem. i installed and unistalled several times. i knew that it had to be silverfast, b/c v**s**n and the microtek driver both produced fine scans. but i don't like v**s**n and the microtek driver stopped recognizing my scanner ater the second scan. silverfast was a better app but i couldn't get it to not give me a melted rainbow as a prescan. it had to be silverfast, yet i would doubt myself, b/c searching and searching this forum for others with similar problems i never found this thread and i wondered how i could be the only one with the problem. the scanner would make some noises, and then the scan head would fly down the bed, and i'd get a smear of color, almost as if the prescan was moving too fast for the software to catch up, to be able to process the information so quickly, but i was at a loss. i thought it had to do with rotation of the prescan, b/c i was getting some normal scans after i changed a few things but while trying to calibrate, more rainbows in prescan. BUT, at one point, while calibrating, i also set precan quality to 2x or 3x, so i could zoom in to line up the frame border, and everything was ok. THE SOLUTION: set prescan quality in options to greater than 1x, this slows down the scan head and everything is ok, nice prescans!

Return to “Microtek”