Blue streaks

flatbed scanners for Microtek

Richard Honey
Visitor

Blue streaks

Postby Richard Honey » Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:45 pm

I've just purchased an Artixscan1800f - apart from the faulty switch - they are sending a replacement scanner - the scanner has sudenly developed blue streaks down one side of the scan preview window scanning in Transparency mode. Final scans also show the streak. I've tried different settings in Silverfast but this makes no difference. I tried using the v**s**n programme and the blue streaks are still there which I guess eliminates Silverfast as the culprit. It's therefore either a hardware problem or maybe an OSX issue. I've never installed the Microtek System 9 software which would I guess show if the problem persists in system 9.

Anyone any experience of this phenomena?

many thanks

LSI_Support
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Support » Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:26 pm

Dear Richard,
lets see if the new scanner will solve this issue.

Richard Honey
Visitor

Postby Richard Honey » Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:21 pm

Englehart

Thanks for your reply. I went into system 9 last night and installed Scan wizard and the problem persists - even tried a different firewire cable, so short of trying it attached to a different computer it does look increasingly like it's the scanner. Just can't believe 2 faults in a brand new machine!

MicroSF6
SilverFast User
SilverFast User

Postby MicroSF6 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:51 am

Mr. Honey,

I had the same problem with my 1800f (blue streaks) and I had to send it back to Microtec. They fixed the problem and now I can scan transparencies. I use Wndows XP.

Richard Honey
Visitor

Postby Richard Honey » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:57 am

Thanks for adding your experience to this forum. It's good to know it's not just me and/or the Mac platform! I had two faults on my 1800f when it arrived from the factory - the on off switch didn't work properly either.

The only other issue I have with transparency scanning is that sometimes when I have a prescan setting of 1 I get a distorted image on the prescan - stretched and highly coloured. This seems to be solved by upping the prescan quality to 2 or 3. I think it must be a memory or firewire issue.

Return to “Microtek”