AI 6.4.1r4b and ICE

flatbed scanners for Microtek

jpc1
SilverFast Beginner

AI 6.4.1r4b and ICE

Postby jpc1 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:56 am

Well it looks like digital ice support was added for the i900, only problem is that a dll that they included with the new version isn't recognized as a silverfast dll. When you start a scan with ice selected you get a message saying that 'MiiDSR.dll' is not the special silverfast dll. Well again, I check the dates on the dll and it had a modification on the file of something like 3/9/2005. The only place that file came from was from the Silverfast download.

I reported this problem to Silverfast via their problem reporting page, but as usual you get no acknowledgment that anyone there has even look at the problem report. People pay enough for Silverfast that you would think when a problem was reported via their problem support page, that you would at least get a reply from them saying that they are looking at the problem.

LSI_Magnussen
LSI Staff
LSI Staff

Postby LSI_Magnussen » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:45 am

ICE support for the i900 was enabled by accident, it shouldn't be enabled right now. We will add working ICE support for the i900 in the near future.
BTW: You do know, that the i900 supports ICE only for reflective scans, don't you?

Best regards
Ralf

jpc1
SilverFast Beginner

Postby jpc1 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:38 am

Thanks for the reply. I would have expected some sort of reply to my trouble report, but have not received any.

Yes I do know that only the reflective scans are supported. Truth be told, I actually believe that AI 6's dust and scratch works better than digital ice for reflective scans. It is too bad that Microtek did not make it available for their film scans. I have it on my Nikon cool scan 4000 and it is remarkable in what it can do.

Thanks again for the reply,

Jim

mntbighker
Visitor

What does "near" mean?

Postby mntbighker » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:03 am

jpc1 wrote:Thanks for the reply. I would have expected some sort of reply to my trouble report, but have not received any.

9 months later and apparently "near" future is defined differently on their planet. Still no ICE support for i900. Did Lasersoft ever even respond to your support request?

Return to “Microtek”