1800f Illumination Source Problem

flatbed scanners for Microtek

ethank
Visitor

1800f Illumination Source Problem

Postby ethank » Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:19 pm

The 1800f has seperate illumination sources for transparencies and reflectives. SilverFast 6ai (6.0.2r08, on Mac OS 10.2.5) turns both of these illumination sources on for either type of scan (on my scanner), creating a lot of unnecessary light scatter and reducing contrast and dMax. This does not happen with Microtek ScanWizard Pro 7, and should not happen according to Microtek Tech Support. Are others having this problem? Is LaserSoft addressing this?

jeannetteok
Visitor

Postby jeannetteok » Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:46 pm

I've noticed the same thing with our 1800f. Unfortunately, all the places I've looked for help (web, installation cd, #) are not very helpful.

Hope this isn't too far off-topic, but have you had any luck batch-scanning with ScanWizard Pro?

Thanks, Jeannette

ethank
Visitor

Postby ethank » Fri Apr 25, 2003 3:01 am

I haven't worked in batch scan mode yet, so I have no info for you there. I usually create jobs (Job Manager) for multiple scans so I can label, crop, and correct images individually before scanning multiple images. I know this isn't best for huge workflows, and I'll be disappointed someday if silverfast's batch scan processes don't work.

Return to “Microtek”